Thread: 10 wt Redington vs Horizon

Default 10 wt Redington vs Horizon

Hi Guys

I am in the market for a 10wt and initially looked at getting a 10wt Magnum plus. However, yesterday I had a look at the Horizon rods at a dealership and these are quite appealing! I actually like the MRS more than the TRS looks wise.

But then again, these rods are more or less in the same price range as the new redingtons - Rs4 (MRS) & CPX (TRS). Desicion decsions! Any comments/ advice?
    (want to use this as a surf FF stick)

Regards

Stef

ive got a 9wt RS. Love it. Insane stick. Those reds are impressive
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Default Red vs. Horizon

Hi Pieter

I was faced with the same desicion when I wanted to buy a 3 wt and got the RS4. I think this time around, I am going to go with the Horizon. Fortunately a friend owns one so I can test drive before buying, which will not be the case with the Red.

Regards

Stef

I think when you in a relatively mid price range and the rods weigh up very close to one another in performance then also start looking at things like warranty,who offers the best backup.Then once you have your answer,choose the rod that 'speaks' to you,and feels good in YOUR hand.

Hi Stef,

You could also look at a Rhythm from FFU. Ricko makes a good stick there. Good back up for the rod as well. I have 9wt and it is a demon stick.