Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Rhodes Easter Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
    Let me guess:

Eagles Craig, Roseneath, Tulleyveolan?
    Moshesh, Black Rock, Carabas
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Moshesh, Black Rock, Carabas
    Mario, I thought that Big mac had closed down all bookings for their waters, and given the whole lot over to Fred. Could be wrong, but that's what i heard.
    You seem to be forgetting a fundamental fact about Rhodes. WTA is losing waters at an alarming rate, and no one seems to know why, or are not prepared to say (except for a few farmers who have pulled their waters, but that is not for public forum consumption). Fred is aquiring waters, that have been pulled from WTA, so this says that the farmers are not unhappy with fly fishermen, but are happier with fred managing their waters as opposed to WTA managing them. So, what are Fred and WTA doing differently, that Fred gets the waters that WTA loses?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Mario, I thought that Big mac had closed down all bookings for their waters, and given the whole lot over to Fred. Could be wrong, but that's what i heard.
    You seem to be forgetting a fundamental fact about Rhodes. WTA is losing waters at an alarming rate, and no one seems to know why, or are not prepared to say (except for a few farmers who have pulled their waters, but that is not for public forum consumption). Fred is aquiring waters, that have been pulled from WTA, so this says that the farmers are not unhappy with fly fishermen, but are happier with fred managing their waters as opposed to WTA managing them. So, what are Fred and WTA doing differently, that Fred gets the waters that WTA loses?
    Andre, I am not prepared to speculate, as what I "know" is perhaps not the true version of things. However, at the rate WTA is losing water, Rhodes might soon end up being run (from a fishing POV) by Fred alone.

All I know, is that I don't think this is a good thing. Will you be able to just buy a ticket from Linecasters and go fish as is currently the case with the WTA system? Or will you have to book Fred's services? I really don't know the answer, so any clarity is welcomed.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Andre, I am not prepared to speculate, as what I "know" is perhaps not the true version of things. However, at the rate WTA is losing water, Rhodes might soon end up being run (from a fishing POV) by Fred alone.

All I know, is that I don't think this is a good thing. Will you be able to just buy a ticket from Linecasters and go fish as is currently the case with the WTA system? Or will you have to book Fred's services? I really don't know the answer, so any clarity is welcomed.
    Well currently, you can go and book certain waters at WTA, and you can go and book certain waters with Fred. Neither prescribe a guiding service.
    Every year I go there, and every year, Fred has more water, and WTA has less. This has been the pattern for the past 5 or 6 years.
    They both work in the same way, you book water, you pay, you go fish. There seems to be no difference on the face of it, between the two, but why is WTA losing water, and Fred gaining , when on the face of it, they are the same.?.. there is something happenning, that is "under the face", that we don't know about, and this is what is causing the problem.
    The system is good and doesn't need to be changed, as it is the same system that WTA and Fred use, yet the farmers are happy with the one, and not the other... makes you think, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Andre; 19-04-11 at 02:59 PM.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Well currently, you can go and book certain waters at WTA, and you can go and book certain waters with Fred. Neither prescribe a guiding service.
    Every year I go there, and every year, Fred has more water, and WTA has less. This has been the pattern for the past 5 or 6 years.
    They both work in the same way, you book water, you pay, you go fish. There seems to be no difference on the face of it, between the two, but why is WTA losing water, and Fred gaining , when on the face of it, they are the same.?.. there is something happenning, that is "under the face", that we don't know about, and this is what is causing the problem.
    The system is good and doesn't need to be changed, as it is the same system that WTA and Fred use, yet the farmers are happy with the one, and not the other... makes you think, doesn't it?
    All I can hint at is probably the opposite of a proper goose
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8