Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Urban Flyfisher dam

Default Urban Flyfisher dam

Hi Guys

I got a mail from Urban Flyfisher's some time last week regarding a dam that they had exclusive access to in the Westand area. Does anyone have any info on this whether its a members-only dam or whether day visitors are allowed there?

Thanks

i spoke to the guys a while back about that dam...

it is exclusively a members dam and you have to book ahead of time. if you take a visitor i think you pay extra for him/her.

limited membership available

Hi Gazza

Thanks for that, do you have any idea where this dam is situated?

It's the Bersig dam, between Kloofzig and Brookwood.
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

I've actually fished the Bergsig dam quite a lot but I have to say that I had more blank days ito trout than I've actually caught. The owners / previous owners seemed much more bothered with the "huge" carp that the papgooiers were apparently pulling out of there with their floaties.
    Does anyone have any idea if this dam will now be properly stocked with trout as I had a conversation with the previous owners and they told me that they stocked it every few years with about 100 fingerlings??

the guys at urban are going to maintain it properly now hey...

i'm not sure what their plans are ito stocking etc, but the policy will be mostly C&R, no browns may be kept. the annual fee is quite high, so i'm sure they will be stocking more regularly.

their focus will most definitely be more on the trout now than the previous owners'. so im sure that the fishing will be better than your previous outings.

the only thing would be finding someone who is a member so you can go and fish there

The guys at urban have taken over the dam completely and now are selling membership only access to the Dam. I think they still need to do a lot of work on the dam to get it up to speed. If they do half of what they are wanting to do it will be a very nice place to fish. But the best bet is go speak to them at there Shop and listen to what they say and Make up your own mind.
    Noted fly fishermen Lefty Kreh was once asked by a non-fisherman whats the sense was of catching fish just to let it go. He responded, “Do you burn your golf balls after a game?”

Hi Guys

Is this dam any good? i really need to make a quick dash out on friday to fish (getting serious withdrawal symptoms). I was thinking of brookwood, but getting tired of fish and fry type thing. Are there any other stillwaters for trout available with 30-45mins of JHB?

I saw a few ancient posts about trout hunters in krugersdorp. Not sure if the place still exists.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fly_mike View Post
    Hi Guys

Is this dam any good? i really need to make a quick dash out on friday to fish (getting serious withdrawal symptoms). I was thinking of brookwood, but getting tired of fish and fry type thing. Are there any other stillwaters for trout available with 30-45mins of JHB?

I saw a few ancient posts about trout hunters in krugersdorp. Not sure if the place still exists.

Thanks!
    Then there is Footloose.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Brookwood it is I think. Went to footloose once... not awesome. Gonna try catch me some Blaaubankspruit radiation! Thanks Herman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast