Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cape Town Rangers Assault fisherman at Zandvlei

Default Cape Town Rangers Assault fisherman at Zandvlei

Front page story in the False Bay Echo. A fisherman who was fishing off the bridge for mullet at Zandvlei was assaulted by 3 Cape Town Rangers. The Rangers are apparently the law enforcement wing of the Biodiversity Management Branch. It's apparently illegal to fish off bridges.

Maybe we should release some mullet into the Smalblaar then all our problems with policing beats and stopping poachers will be over?
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Seems pre-election is the time to get things done heh heh Just moer them off the bridge....."See, we are using the iron fist"
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Seems pre-election is the time to get things done heh heh Just moer them off the bridge....."See, we are using the iron fist"
    Yup, they moerd him, handcuffed him, threw him in the back of a bakkie and worst of all damaged his rod and reel. I mean where else in the world could you experience something like this? We should turn it into a reality show - Survivor Zandvlei or Zandvlei - the Wild South. For a challenge you could wade across the prawn flats at the mouth while double hauling to a double figure leerie and dodging bullets from the local gangsters. Once you hook the leerie and make it across to the other side the Cape Town Rangers beat you up and you die of some obscure flesh eating bacteria in the Muizenberg police cells.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

If all they did was handcuff him and arrest him then well done to them, if they battered him then i think the role of the cape town rangers should be looked at, maybe a name change to something like the Cape Town Goons....What happened to the polite approach and polte responce.

''GOOD MORNING SIR,YOU ARE NOT ALOUD TO FISH HEAR I'M AFRAID, WOULD YOU MOVE ON PLEASE.'

"CERTAINLY,I NEVER REALISED, SORRY"

instead we get.

" ''GOOD MORNING SIR,YOU ARE NOT ALOUD TO FISH HEAR I'M AFRAID WOULD YOU MOVE ON PLEASE"

"**** OFF WHO ARE YOU"

then a punch up....the worlds gone mad.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

There are two sides to the story. The Echo only printed the one side of it. The real story is far different from what was printed.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

The guy was probably fishing off the foot bridge near the duck pond. It has always been illegal to fish off this bridge. (Obstruction of pedestrians and what not). Don't know what really happened so can't comment further.
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 15-04-11 at 08:22 AM.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    There are two sides to the story. The Echo only printed the one side of it. The real story is far different from what was printed.
    So what really happened??

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Journalistic sensationalism?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzLiteBeer View Post
    So what really happened??
    If he tells you he'll have to kill you
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    If he tells you he'll have to kill you
    The truth shall set you free .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast