Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Large Mouth Yellow Tactics

By the sounds of your venues you are above the dam? That are can be realistically fished from shore, less trees and narrower river. I'm talking Grootdraai to Villiers. look for the structure and target those areas.

Otherwise my vote goes for inflatables, they are a btch to paddle but much easier to fish from and much easier to load up with gear. If you only have a canoe, paddle to the rocks (even submerged) and fish from the rock as stable platform.

Mark, a lot of the venues in Parys rent out inflatables too. This is a better option to fish off than a sit on top kayak in my opinion. Casting off those can be a bit precarious and you cant stand up either.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Mark, a lot of the venues in Parys rent out inflatables too. This is a better option to fish off than a sit on top kayak in my opinion. Casting off those can be a bit precarious and you cant stand up either.
    I agree with Bryan, especially if you dont know the water or the kayak, you dont want to end going for a swim in the middle of winter and stand the chance of loosing your rod or equipment.

mark Banned User

below the dam and 1 is on another river but cant remember which river, they each about 2 1/2 km I am told.

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    If someone would take me out and show me how to catch LM I have some customers with a few km of private water / game farms on the vaal and on the way to heidelburg and they say I can go fish there when I want. all the farms have deep water and rapids
    all of a sudden, you will have a lot of "new, best friends"
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8