Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Wood grips - pro's and cons ...

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    That plus the fact that it was a fair amount of effort. Don't remember the colour ...
    The effort was worth it, and it's a pretty bulletproof grip that. Can't see those blocks ever showing wear at all. Actually need to re-look the whole thing.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

This actually looks pretty tempting to me
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I love wooden grips. If they are done properly, they are very light, and with the right finish, they don't slip in the hand.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I love wooden grips. If they are done properly, they are very light, and with the right finish, they don't slip in the hand.
    I understand Gerrit's comment regarding gloves though. Could be more slippery with closed-palm gloves.
    Mario Geldenhuys

I normally fish with open palm gloves, so yes, he could be right. The wodden grip on my rod from Alex, has an epoxy resin coating on it, which he says serves to make the grip totally waterproof, as well as enhance the grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    I understand Gerrit's comment regarding gloves though. Could be more slippery with closed-palm gloves.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7