Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nymphing Masterclass Western Cape 2011

Default Nymphing Masterclass Western Cape 2011

I have OK'd this with Phillip.

I will be doing 2 Nymphing Masterclasses in the Cape.

The dates of the Nymphing Masterclasses are as follows.
    20-22 May 2011
    27-29 May 2011
    There are a couple of spots open on both dates, so if you want to attend PM me and I will reserve your place.

The Nymphing Masterclass runs from 18:00 on the Friday evening till 22:00
    Saturday 08:00 till 17:00
    Sunday 08:00 till 14:00

The Saturday and Sunday is at the Du Toits Kloof Hotel.

The cost is R900.00 for the Masterclass. This excludes meals, but does include the tea and coffee for the course.

Herewith a broad outline of the Nymphing Masterclass, with some feed back from the participants.

NYMPHING MASTER CLASS

Nymphing Masterclass with Korrie Broos.

This 2,5 day Nymphing will teach you the secrets to successful nymphing.
    Korrie Broos shares the secrets that he has learned from fishing with the best nymph fly fisherman in Europe.
    Numerous world champions and European champions have shared their secrets with Korrie Broos.
    For the last 3 years, he has been teaching what he has learned in Europe, to South Africans.

The course covers the following.
    History of Nymphing the last couple hundred years.
    Secrets in tying nymphs.
    Indicators and the importance of the right indicators
    Polish and Slovak Nymphing
    Czech Nymphing
    Various Italian nymphing styles.
    French Nymphing
    Czech French nymphing.
    The latest updates on Nymphing Techniques.
    Reading of waters.
    All the different trout takes.
    Using drag as your friend, when nymphing.
    Leader constructions, boiled leaders and knots to use.
    Nymph combinations on leaders.

This is an intensive nymphing course that is focused on the practical side of nymphing.
    The course is limited to maximum of 8 people to make sure you get best personal assistance to learn all the techniques.
    The course runs from a Friday evening till the Sunday afternoon.

Herewith some comments from participants who have done the course.

In the first 3 hours with Korrie on the water, I learned more about nymphing than my previous 10 years combined.
    His knowledge and understanding of fish feeding behavior, sub-surface, and how to fish with nymphs are truly amazing.
    I can highly recommend his nymphing course, if you want to improve your fly fishing. It stood me good during the Protea trails and I was selected a second time to represent South Africa at an international event. Ian Lourens.

“ Korrie se passie vir die sport, sy gemaklike persoonlikheid, en sy ondervinding oor die wêreld heen, plaas hom in ‘n ander klas.”
    Johan Muller
    SeyFly Adventures
    www.seyfly.co.za

Eye-opening−there's more to nymphing than New Zealand-style, foam or yarn indicators or Czech-nymphing. Although primarily a dry-flier I felt that I should broaden my skills to include more options. Korrie Broos's course is not anti-dry flies, it's about acquiring practical skills to take more fish under the varying conditions we encounter. I shall not be abandoning dries, but my nymphing skills have already added a new dimension to my stream enjoyment and ability to take yellows more efficiently. Graham Avery.

‘n Great kursus waarby enigeiemand sal baat vind. Korrie het baie kennis en ervaring om te deel en doen dit op ‘n baie praktiese wyse.” Chris van der Post.

“ I really enjoyed the nymphing course with Korrie and learned a great deal. For me the real benefit was the time spent on the water getting individual coaching. And I’m very happy with the results in my fishing too….. more nice fish!!!”

Pete McGregor
    April 2010

Korrie has been fortunate to spend time with & learn from the best Czech and Italian masters of the nymph, both in South Africa and abroad.
    Such experience is invaluable to anyone wishing to improve their fine nymphing techniques.

Gary Glen Young
    8 x Protea Angler.

Now I've been doing a bit of fishing for more than just a few years, but let me confess right here that I totally under-estimated Korrie's wealth of knowledge on the subject.
    He broke the primary nymphing techniques down into digestible material. On top of this, he explained the role of these techniques in the context of competitive fishing and even included some trout psychology. I liked this "science" bit - I've always preferred to understand the logic behind stuff.
    Best of it was this: He didn't just TELL us how the techniques worked, he SHOWED us, then COACHED us individually until we got it. No book or DVD can do that.
    If ever I felt like a new world of fishing was opened up for me, this was it. And don't get me wrong - I thought I knew enough about nymphing to get by before...
    Mark Krige
    Coach South African Junior Fly Fishing Team. 2010, 2011.

Thanks for an intensive and eye opening course. I certainly will be using these techniques to enhance my dry fly preference. Please don’t ignore the many tips you gave to participants on future courses. The guys find these very interesting as well.
    Greg Madgin.

At the end of April I spent a day on lower Molenaars with Korrie and I learnt more in those few hours than I have in the equivalent number of previous years.

Before we even got to the water, Korrie had shown me how to don my waders so as to reduce water pressure and lower fatigue, a better way to sling my wading staff and how to avoid getting your rod tangled when making your way through streamside bushes and trees. All this was gold dust, little things that I wish I had known decades ago. Ed Herbst. Flyfishing author, and renowned Flyfisher.

I attended Korrie's Nymphing Masterclass over the weekend. To cut a long story short, it was a truly eye-opening experience. It's clear why Korrie is the fisherman he is - he keeps questioning & learning & is willing to pass on his knowledge in an easy-to-understand manner to his students. I guess we all learnt a lot - I know I certainly did. Apart from that, it was great meeting other flyfisher men. Hats off to Korrie for an amazing learning experience. I highly recommend the course. Mike Mitchley

Thanks for a very interesting weekend Korrie, I certainly added some arrows to my quiver. It was also great to put names and faces to some of the personalities on the forum.
    Going on the masterclass is like changing your golf swing - it makes logical sense when explained, but actually mastering the new techniqies takes time. After battling on Saturday, the new methods started making sense on Sunday morning, then clicked on Sunday afternoon after class had ended, when I landed three fish (and lost another) in an hour in a run that had been fished to death for two days.
    And who would have thought you can land a yellow of nearly a kg using 7x tippet on a 6m leader in fast, shallow water in howling wind?
    Kudos to Korrie for stepping up to the plate in his demonstration on Saturday afternoon: After 10 fishermen had fished a run to death all day with limited success, Korrie took three fish in about 20 mins under big pressure from the watching participants.
    While the masterclass is certainly not for beginners, if you're starting to think you're pretty competent, a weekend with Korrie will take you to the next level and show you how much you still have to learn. David Lerche

“Ek het al so 7 klinieke van verskeie top SA vlieg hengelaars by gewoon en onlangs joune en baie nuwe tegnieke geleer en idees uitgeruil. Ek kan met alle eerlikheid sê jou Masterclass was meesterlik” Gerrit Viljoen.

You wont go wrong by going on this course, I learned a hell of a lot from it. Andrew Schlosser.

Ek moet eers vir jou sê hoeveel visse ek hierdie jaar gevang het wat ek nooit andersins sou kon bykom as dit nie vir jou nymphing kursus was nie. Nogmaals dankie!
    Francois van der Merwe.

Information overload (x years experience offloaded in 2 days), but executed so well. The attention to detail was incredible - I for one feel so privileged to have been a part of this course. The knowledge shared was truly priceless. I now need to practoos, practoos Rob Rowles.

Thanks Korrie, I enjoyed the course immensely. Although I am more of a remedial than a Master student, I learn't a lot, and am certainly in a position to adapt and use several different nymphing techniques whereas previously I would have stuck to the same old same old approach. Stephen Louw.

Thanx very much, to you, Korrie
    I really learned a lot from the weekend and wil now fish a piece of river "van hoek tot kant", with confidence. All the new techniques and styles of nymphing,
    makes a huge difference when you can see and feel what the flies are doing on the bottom of the river. Gert Ferreira

Thanks for a really fantastic learning experience! I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, thanks to everyone in the group – hope to see you on the water soon.
    Kind regards
    Ryno O

The week-end was amazing.
    You gave us, a mass of new river arrows, to use and I know I am not only speaking for myself when I say, I didn't know how to detect, a bite on a nymphing setup, until now.
    I will recommend this class to every one!
    Nico Wolmarans.

Great course - highly recommended!
    Ryno B
    Last edited by Korrie; 20-04-11 at 06:50 PM.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I had an enquiry from Gauteng, so I thought that I would reply to it on the thread.

If you are from Gauteng, and wish to do the Masterclass on the Cape Streams, to experience it with trout, accomodation is available.
    The Hotel in Du Toits kloof have various options available.
    From single rooms to full family units.
    PM me your email address and I will forward you the full price list.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

There are still some spots available on both dates.
    If you are interested PM me.

Regards
    Korrie Broos

mark Banned User

korrie will you be having a class on the vaal in the new season, I have a couple of guys that want to come.

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    korrie will you be having a class on the vaal in the new season, I have a couple of guys that want to come.
    Hi Mark

Yes, there will be a couple of Nymphing Masterclasses in Gauteng, in the coming year.

Will keep you posted. Keep an eye on the forum for the notification.
    thanks
    Korrie Broos

Hi to all

I have had 2 late cancellations on the coming weekend's Nymphing Masterclass.

If you are interested in attending, PM me and I will give you all the details.

regards
    Korrie Broos

I'm really keen. Want one of those KB Masterclass caps and maybe a pair of knee protectors and snake gaitors if you'll throw them in with the deal

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    I'm really keen. Want one of those KB Masterclass caps and maybe a pair of knee protectors and snake gaitors if you'll throw them in with the deal
    I will join you Neil as long as Lorrie throws in the advanced packing module free of charge and Andre covers advanced Jungian ego theory!
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    For you, any time.

Nothing as effective to see yourself, horizontal, in 10cm deep water, as knee protectors with a hard plastic protective cover. ANother reason to get the knee pads that Matt Rich is advertising. Those kevlar pads, are much more effective, that cheap plastic.
    Korrie Broos

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    I will join you Neil as long as Lorrie throws in the advanced packing module free of charge and Andre covers advanced Jungian ego theory!
    You are more than welcome, even without Neil, and you will also get a cap.
    Korrie Broos

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast