Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are We Missing Something???

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Only 2 1/2 months left boet.
    Exactly, Cant wait COME AUGUST!!!!!!!

I think I posted this thread in the wrong place
    I just thought that trying to incorporate some attributes of lures into flies would fall under Fly Tying Techniques. I do apologise as I see this should have gone under Largie Time or even Around the campfire.

Thanx to some of you guys for the patterns and tips on tying and improving your flies.

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    I think I posted this thread in the wrong place
    I just thought that trying to incorporate some attributes of lures into flies would fall under Fly Tying Techniques. I do apologise as I see this should have gone under Largie Time or even Around the campfire.

Thanx to some of you guys for the patterns and tips on tying and improving your flies.
    Hi ET,

I have seen in certain saltwater flies, that they incorporate some sort of "rattle" into the flies, would this not help with noise and/or movement for hunting largies.

the "rattle" I refer to is 3 or 4 tungsten beads tied into the fly on a momofilament.

Frederick
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by FCLoretz View Post
    Hi ET,

I have seen in certain saltwater flies, that they incorporate some sort of "rattle" into the flies, would this not help with noise and/or movement for hunting largies.

the "rattle" I refer to is 3 or 4 tungsten beads tied into the fly on a momofilament.

Frederick
    Yip that might work. In one of the pics I posted is a hook with a rattle jig. I also know that you get small tubes with rattles in them and this can be tied directly below the shank of the hook.

Will post a link where a rattle is tied in before dressing the fly shortly.

i was talking about the beads in these flies! But the rattle you posted the link to will do just as well.

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...highlight=cuba
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by FCLoretz View Post
    i was talking about the beads in these flies! But the rattle you posted the link to will do just as well.

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...highlight=cuba
    Never thought that those beads would actually be used as a rattle. I thought it was there to roll the fly over. Don't know if that will have the same effect as the rattle in the tube though?

ok, I always saw it as a rattle, you might be right, I will ask Ricko, what the exact use is for the beads
    Frederick

[QUOTE=E.T.;190545]A few more...

i love those flies man...awesome stuff...

but now id like to be a fly on the boat when he is trying to tie these on fast when the fish are chowing!!!haha

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Never thought that those beads would actually be used as a rattle. I thought it was there to roll the fly over. Don't know if that will have the same effect as the rattle in the tube though?
    Just spoke to Murray he confirms that the beads are designed to roll the fly over. So it doesn't act as a rattle. The way to go would be the rattle tube as you posted.
    Frederick

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast