Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: buying a new stealth rod

mark Banned User

I am glad to hear that, cant wait to get it and give it a go on the streams in clarens.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    I am glad to hear that, cant wait to get it and give it a go on the streams in clarens.
    Enjoy it - I'm sure you will!!! Great place to breath life into a new rod as well!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Mark - as Herman (FlyBum) said, you got yourself a great little rod there. Busy fixing a #2 Deep Red at the moment, and they really are great little rods!

Explain fixing......................................
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Explain fixing......................................
    It broke. In this case it is the 2nd section (from the butt) that needs fixing in the female ferrule. The person in question has 3 sections that require attention. The original cracked. It was then replaced, and the replacement piece the thread and epoxy cracked (most likely another crack below). That was also replaced, and would you believe, that section also had a problem. So the guy just gave me the sections to try and fix as best as I can.

At least one of the sections will be as good as new, or hopefully better.

Not sure why 2 of the 3 sections gave the same problem at exactly the same place, maybe it's a user issue - who knows.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

mark Banned User

Got my deep red 3wt, I had a couple of goes with it and what a rod, I think for the price it's a really great rod and would definatly reccomend it, thanks for the advice.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456