Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2wt Reel

Oops - forgot pics of the weights, Sage 3100 and Explorer Click:
    The highest form of existence is play.

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by William Ewels View Post
    The Explorer Click is indeed nearly identical
    You got it right there, "nearly identical" to say the least!

Is the Explorer Click an old model of Explorer? Just had a look on their website but there is no mention of a Click model. Is it perhaps the Explorer Eclipse (looks like the same weight and you get them in the 000wt) or the STX (although it is much heavier than the 85 grams at 147 gms for the 2-3wt) and doesn’t look like any of the other reels.

If I may ask William, what was the price and why is the reel not spooled?

Quote Originally Posted by Machann View Post
    If I may ask William, what was the price and why is the reel not spooled?
    The price? - now you got me - my apologies, I was on holiday in Somerset West in Jan/Feb and converted the price from Rands to Aussie Dollars and it came out massively cheaper than my Sage 3100 - so I grabbed it. I have a receipt somewhere but I hide these things from my wife and can't look for it now (I'll PM you later if I can find it.) Please do contact the guys at Eikendal for the current price - I bought the only one they had in stock.

It is the Explorer Click 000wt.

Why is the reel not spooled? ..... because I'm weighing it naked in the pics

Here's what it looks like spooled:
    Last edited by William Ewels; 13-05-11 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machann View Post
    Just had a look on their website but there is no mention of a Click model. Is it perhaps the Explorer Eclipse (looks like the same weight and you get them in the 000wt)
    Yes correct.

I see what the problem is - the reel I have is the Explorer Eclipse II 000# Click.

The picture on the website (and even on the box of my reel) is wrong for this particular model in the Eclipse range.

Quote Originally Posted by William Ewels View Post
    Yes correct.

I see what the problem is - the reel I have is the Explorer Eclipse II 000# Click.

The picture on the website (and even on the box of my reel) is wrong for this particular model in the Eclipse range.
    It's not the Eclipse. The Clicker is a new addition to their range, and quite different to the aclipse.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Thanks for the weight comparison - the weights on the reels as advertised are WAY different, on both counts!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Thanks for the weight comparison - the weights on the reels as advertised are WAY different, on both counts!!
    If so, ilegal advertising if you ask me. How does one draw the line??
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    It's not the Eclipse. The Clicker is a new addition to their range, and quite different to the aclipse.
    Um no ... you are mistaken kind sir Not your fault - it's Xplorer marketing fault.

In the Eclipse II range (unless recently changed) the type/style of reel changes between the two lighter "Click" models and the larger "drag" models.

The #000 (which I bought 3 months ago) and the #001 (which I almost bought as well after a play in the shop) are very similar to the Sage 3100 design.

The bigger models in the Eclipse range, from #002 upwards are a completely different reel design.

Have a look at the pics below - the box of my Eclipse II #000 Click shows a picture of the bigger Eclipse II #003, but on the side panel for the contents the Click #000 is ticked. The actual reel looks nothing like the picture on the box or the website.

And the reel itself is clearly labelled as "Xplorer Eclipse".

The weight (on my uncalibrated kitchen scale) of my Eclipse Click #000 comes in at 85 grams - close enough to the 84 grams stated on the Xplorer website.

It is conceivable I suppose that they've released new versions of the Click, but the Click #000 I have here is an Eclipse.

Ooookeey then, I see the source of the confusion.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3