Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TFO Clouser range

Post TFO Clouser range

Press Release:

June 22, 2009

TFO to introduce “The Clouser” Fly Rod

Casting heavily weighted flies presents a challenge to many modern fly rod actions. For years I have been looking for a multi-species fly rod that puts “the ease” in casting weighted flies and sinking fly lines. The fly rod designers at Temple Fork Outfitters answered this challenge by developing The Clouser Series of Fly Rods.

By no means a single species fly rod; I have caught many species of fresh and saltwater fish with ease on these prototypes. Anglers that use weighted flies or split shot should find this series ideal, dry fly fishers will also benefit from the rods ability to deliver tight loops and specialty casts required to present the fly. The eight foot nine inch length enables the design to perform as expected; light in the hand and super sensitive…I like to say, “I can feel them breathing on the fly as they inhale it”.

Although not car door or tailgate proof, the TiCr coating in the finish that helps protect the rod from collisions with hooks, weighted flies. The attractive blue blank is easy on the eyes as are the three burled cork rings included on the grips; which has the added benefit of preventing wear from many hours of use. Hook keepers have been added and Lefty’s color coded alignment dot system allows for easy line size recognition. The four-piece design makes transportation easy.

I thank Temple Fork Outfitters for their outstanding job in developing this series of fly rods. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Bob Clouser

Thank you, Bob, for sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm…both appear to be limitless.

The Clouser series will be introduced this summer as part of the TiCrX family of rods. Available in weights 5 – 9 with retail prices of $224.95 and $249.95. All TFO rods feature an unconditional lifetime warranty. Simply return the damaged rod with $25 for shipping and handling, and we will repair or replace your rod. For more information about The Clouser rods or any of our other fine products contact your local TFO dealer or visit our website at www.templeforkflyrods.com.

Jim Shulin
    Temple Fork Outfitters
    8115 Sovereign Row
    Dallas, TX 75247
    (800) 638-9052 Ph
    (214) 638-8143 Fax
    jim@templeforkflyrods.com
    www.templeforkflyrods.com
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

sounds fun, would love to test drive one of these.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

I see they havn't put this on their site yet, pity ... would love to see/read some more.

Will give Adrian @ Optimax a buzz to see when they're expecting these.

(Damnit, I'm still saving for a new 7WT :-/)
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlie" - Ago 2014.

Id like to compare this new Clouser with the Axiom and see the difference...

With the linespeed the Axiom generates, how can the Clouser be better... please explain it to me if you know.

It would be interesting!!

I assume the speed of the Axiom is not included in the Clouser.

Im getting my new 9wt at the end of July, so we have to find out before I get it.

If any of you guys can get a comparison from the web or Adrian etc. please let us know.

I dont want to spend on the Axiom if the Clouser is better.

Thanks manne

Cheers

I don't think the clouser would be made to generate the same tight loops, or nescessarily as high as line speed as possible.

When casting big heavily weighted patterns you want to be able to keep the loop open a bit, to help prevent the two lines coming to close together and therefore crashing.

Same thing as what they tried to accomplish with the Clouser taper on lines, basically an inverted delta taper (FWICR)

I know that I am going to get shot down in flames for this, but I like shorter fly rods. 8 foot 6 inches is a really great length to fish. After a long day of casting heavy flies, a shorter rod equals less fatigue. Also the shroter the rod to a point, the more accurate it is. Thats why bass rods are often 7 foot long and not 9 foot.
    May the fish be with you!!! www.seanmillsflyfishing.weebly.com

Hi Sean, just remember you are not tossing flies around with a bass rod, so I don't think these two rods are comparable
    Fish - Where?.................................het hom!!!!

I have cast heavy flies with a fly line on a 7 foot bass rod and it worked surprisingly well, scarilly in fact. My coment was about the accuracy difference between shorter and longer rods. Take a look at the length of the new Sage bass fly fishing rods.
    May the fish be with you!!! www.seanmillsflyfishing.weebly.com

Hey Pooky5, good to see you on the forum again

I'd love to see some more info on these rods, pity they don't have anything online yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mills View Post
    I know that I am going to get shot down in flames for this, but I like shorter fly rods. 8 foot 6 inches is a really great length to fish. After a long day of casting heavy flies, a shorter rod equals less fatigue. Also the shroter the rod to a point, the more accurate it is. Thats why bass rods are often 7 foot long and not 9 foot.
    It's good to see that bass finally get some recognition from the ff industry - first Sage's largemouth, smallmouth and panfish rod.(all 7'11) Then G.Loomis's shore stalker range(all 8'6) ,designed by Dave Whitlock for bass.And now TFO's Clouser rods(8'9) for bass.
    Last edited by flybum; 30-06-09 at 08:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast