Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fly give away

Default Fly give away

Hi guys
    I have a bunch of saltwater flys that I no longer use
    They are either the last survivors of a set or an experiment Or just patterns that I've moved away from
    Some are perfect and some are just good to strip for the dumbbell eyes and hook

Most are tied on 34007 and sl11's

I'd like these to go to some one who is starting out in the salt possibly a junior

If you know of anyone or are the person
    Motivate below
    I'll make a call you can have them

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Talking

Hi Damage! I've been tying flies for a while now and really enjoy it. I do however get stuck sometimes and I find it very helpful to look at other peoples flies to see what they did and how they did it to tie the pattern. This really helps to learn new patterns and tecniques. All and all, i would love to take them off your hands if you don't want them any more.

Christo they are yours

/d

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Nice work Damage ... good on you as they'd say in this neck of the woods.
    Inspires me to get out my previously used fly gear and do the same.

Christo, make sure you post some pics if you catch some fish

Quote Originally Posted by Jono Shales View Post
    Nice work Damage ... good on you as they'd say in this neck of the woods.
    Inspires me to get out my previously used fly gear and do the same.

Christo, make sure you post some pics if you catch some fish
    Like the way you think Jono. Andre created a thread "pay it forward" some time ago. I support the project. Maybe you can too
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Ahh thanks a lot! This is awesome. Sorry for taking so long to reply. Internet sessions is limited here in the Seychelles.... And sometimes expensive. I really appreciate this and will be learning a lot from your flies! How can I collect them from you? My post address is P.O.BOX 203, Parys, Free-State, 9585. I am heading to Bird island this weekend for some fishing. Hope I'll get my Bone there and maybe a nice Trevally. Will post pics!

Pleasure send me a pm and we make a plan

/d

Damage
    Good on you mate. Loved what you did there. Sometimes I tie alot more flies for the fishing available in my area. I just tie for the love it. Recently tied a bunch of tiger fish flies for a mate of mine. he wanted to know what I wanted for them and I said only photos with the fly still in the jaw.

I wish him luck so it will retun to me in the form of a successful tied fly(know what I meen)
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Been cleaning up again and have a few more flys avalible to give away

They are predominately larger offshore flys
    Mostly on 34007s and some unknowns

Again they range from perfect to fishable to experiments that can be stripped for the hook and eyes

Again a junior or upstarter would be my intended recipient

/d

Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    Been cleaning up again and have a few more flys avalible to give away

They are predominately larger offshore flys
    Mostly on 34007s and some unknowns

Again they range from perfect to fishable to experiments that can be stripped for the hook and eyes

Again a junior or upstarter would be my intended recipient

/d
    Well done D, good on you!!
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast