Thread: R I P Shane Stalcup

Default R I P Shane Stalcup

For those of you know about the author of the definitive book on tying mayfly patterns, Mayflies: Top to Bottom past away on the 11th May 2011.

This is one of those losses we feel deeply, he has been influential in all of our tying process, I personally have a whole box devoted to his patterns and both Tom and Dean have his patterns in their boxes.

Ye saw it on The rocky river. Huge loss! Condolences to his family and friends. Awesome tier! I learnt a lot from him.

Brilliant tier. I have his dvd's and liked his CDC approaches. Still young too. Thoughts to his family.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Wow....sad news. Last weekend in Dullies I actually caught some trout on his Baetis nymph patterns, with small D-rib for ribbing. Killer pattern for me.
    His book "Mayflies - Top to Bottom" is an absolute pearler for mayfly patterns.
    Great loss, was a great innovative tier.

Get his books and dvd's now guys,you don't want to end up paying 2k for a book in a few years time. Same with Caddisflies by Gary Lafontaine,etc

Like the books by Ernst Scwiebert Nymphs and TROUT.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Get his books and dvd's now guys,you don't want to end up paying 2k for a book in a few years time. Same with Caddisflies by Gary Lafontaine,etc
    thanks Gerrit, I ordered his book already
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali