Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Epoxy bubbles

short reply, on phone ...

A) hold your cup in your hand while mixing, the extra heat will help

B) submerge your brush in the mix for at least a minute, to absorb the mix, and saturate the brush. Squeeze out in another cup

c) take it slow

Nothing more to add 2on what Mike said
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

re metal spatulas ... get some from your dentist/gp. I got some awesome brand new ones for free.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post

Just another bit of useless info
    No this is interesting. I may be able to duplicate this on a tiny scale... Will let you know if I manage something useful. If you never hear from me again, I killed myself in a vacuum... :-)

Thanks all! Very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    No this is interesting. I may be able to duplicate this on a tiny scale... Will let you know if I manage something useful. If you never hear from me again, I killed myself in a vacuum... :-)
    Bernard, the idea is to put the epoxy into vacuum. not the epoxy, your head and a straw trying to blow bubbles out
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Vacuum: I took a Nescafe glass jar and made a tiny hole in the lid. Attached a microjet irrigation fitting and hose. This was attached to my vacuum pump. The epoxy mix was placed inside the jar and subjected to vacuum for a minute or two.

A possible experiment would be to do something similar but make a 10mm hole in the jar lid and hold a vacuum cleaner hose up against this to create the vacuum. The vacuum cleaner will protest but should last a minute or so.

Note that Nescafe jars work far better than Ricoffee or such like

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2