Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: TCX or Z-Axis ?...

Thank you for responding. Regards

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Like the Z-Axis and ZXL?

Anyway, this is now a bit boring, same people saying the same thing over and over. Thanks, it was informative.
    As far as I am aware, the Z-Axis, ZXL, TCX, the 99, and the TXL-F are their premium rods. The rest are not considered premium. I'm not sure about the XPL, and their Xi3 however. Yes, it's boring now. Who cares as long as it does the job and has "Sage written on it......
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    "Sage written on it......
    ...don't forget the "B"

As long as it's says sage. Is it sage that gets the fish? Or does sage get the attention of the Jones'sss? Boring indeed. What is very interesting is observing black fishermen catching trout with free R0 reeds plucked next to river loaded with insects as bait.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowcast View Post
    As long as it's says sage. Is it sage that gets the fish? Or does sage get the attention of the Jones'sss? Boring indeed. What is very interesting is observing black fishermen catching trout with free R0 reeds plucked next to river loaded with insects as bait.
    Hi Jacques,

If we were fishing to survive we wouldn't necessarily be fly fishing - especially if we lived next to the sea! Getting back to Ecotec rods, they had three ranges:

River Run - entry level
    Supreme - mid range
    Titan - Top range

The components and prices obviously varied accordingly. I have a lot of these rods and still regularly fish them. The only two I don't fish are the 7wt Supreme (don't really target anything that requires a 7wt) and a 8'6" 5wt Titan (have 3 or 4 other rods in this weight class that I prefer), both of which I will put up for sale soon. Like Mike I also have a 7'6" 3wt River Run which I still keep for sentimental reasons. The rod I probably fish more than any other I own is a 9' 3wt Titan which I love. The problem with these rods is if you break a piece you will not find spares anywhere. Having said that if I could find another 9ft 3wt Titan I would buy it.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Hmmm....thought about this one some more...
    Choose between the Z-Axis and the TCX? Why not just get both...
    Best of all worlds!

In fact, I want a Z-Axis 7wt, and a TCX 7wt, both for Largemouth fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowcast View Post
    Thank you for responding. Regards
    Shadowcast, you should load an email address in your profile or at least allow people to private message (PM) you.

You said you want Ecotec's in 4 different weights

BUT

IMHO - Unless that would be 3 wt, 6wt, 9wt & 12wt (are at least 2 weight differences between, so 2wt, 4wt &6wt) - having a 2wt, 3wt & 4wt of similar lengths just makes things more complicated.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

I've got the 9wt(ecotec supreme). 4wt and 7wt will do. I use Greys GRX the 5wt cat.(my favourite rod) The 7wt will be used to target largies, bass and inshore species.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12