Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Bo-vlakte

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    Great for you oh hallowed big white hunter, I am with you on no steelhead or golden trout in SA, but lighten up dude. Laugh and wave, or chuckle at them in your own time for their ignorance, but don't go ballistic on them
    I still maintain he must have got bliksemed a lot as a laaitjie. With that attitude one can only get a klap.

Bonehead Piranha *tick*

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Bonehead Piranha *tick*

This the Ford you drove for 2 years before finding the MP3 jack in the boot????
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by FishZ View Post
    you can;t check steelhead or golden off yoru list, thats just stupid. you never caught one. You caught some fish not fit to even survive, mislabled for marketing purposes. Is this what fly fishing is about to you?

Its cool if you are just into catching a fish, and a fish is a fish to you, but don;t go telling people you caught a steelhead in SA, because the day you hook a steelhead, you will no longer have to have this talk. steelhead are mean, fast, and will break you before you can blink. i hear yellowfish can fight, but id wager a whole bunch they would never stand up to a steelhead.

Steelhead don't deserve this, so please stop. They are too good a fish to be tossed around as side catch on some tiny dam. call them hatchery rainbow mutants, as that is what they are. just like those "Golden Trout".

I hiked 26 miles over 2 days with 7 days rations on my back up to a series of tiny mountain lakes at 14000 plus feet to catch my goldens, so don't say you have caught a golden, because unless you have done the work, you don't deserve it. there are very very few anglers in the world who catch goldens, they are not easy, so again stop! call it a hatchery mutant, maybe a big hatchery mutant, but thats what it is.

and every fish in those pics is a small brown trout. brown with spots and halos like you described to me are brown trout. where the hell does this crap come from anyway? I used to want to fish at this place, but with morals like these, i think ill leave it for others to fish.
    That is incredibly admirable but I think the question on everyone's lips is......

Why did you take too much food?

Quote Originally Posted by Williaby View Post
    That is incredibly admirable but I think the question on everyone's lips is......

Why did you take too much food?

Well, if you now Matty, you'll know why he gets the munchies, and also how often
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    This the Ford you drove for 2 years before finding the MP3 jack in the boot????
    No MP3 plug in the boot but OMR did sort me with some Roger Miller 8 tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    No MP3 plug in the boot but OMR did sort me with some Roger Miller 8 tracks.
    Adam Sandler has a great song about 8-tracks ... heavy lyrics though, PG24!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Well, if you now Matty, you'll know why he gets the munchies, and also how often
    Whaaa haaa! and Matt with that thought in mind you sure that was a 26 mile 2 day hike... you werent just walking in circles around a stokkie pond?

Or auditioning for the remake of 'On Golden Pond'?
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

I still have no idea where Bo-vlakte is ???
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast