Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Bo-vlakte

My superiorness says ... in a situation like that ... dynamite ... kaboom !

EDIT : You can even present it on the end of your 7X with the 3WT if it makes you feel puristisititical
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Hi Mr. Botes

Now my brand new HP ProBook 4520s is sopping wet due to the blast of water I gave it right after I sipped some Valpre and read your post. (luckily it is water resistant and even has water resistant keyboard to boot)

I have fished for so called wild trout in SA stillwaters and had red letter days, I have fished the same stillwaters and experienced the scenario you described, I have gone stocky bashing and bashed the living sh!t out of them and I have gone stocking bashing and got bashed badly myself.

You are so right with " fish are fish(wild or otherwise) and if you think you are superior to instinct and mother nature , you've fooled yourself not the fish" bit there
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by flybum View Post
    Now I'm sure the "wild trout only" brigade would confirm that one should not even bother whith these fish ( I did make the mistake of unpacking my rods - so the damage was done) as they are simply stockies ,for goodness sake , and just toooo easy.

Just goes to show --- fish are fish(wild or otherwise) and if you think you are superior to instinct and mother nature , you've fooled yourself not the fish.
    Who said it was easier?

At least i know that when i get a trophy fish it got that way all on its own without being feed pellets
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Who said it was easier?

At least i know that when i get a trophy fish it got that way all on its own without being feed pellets
    so if its not easier , it has to be discrimmination(not very PC towards trout of naturally deprived upbringing) or worse stockie phobia( bad experience at the trout farm as a youngster? - don't worry we understand)
    Last edited by flybum; 03-08-10 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    Hi Mr. Botes

Now my brand new HP ProBook 4520s is sopping wet due to the blast of water I gave it right after I sipped some Valpre and read your post. (luckily it is water resistant and even has water resistant keyboard to boot)

I have fished for so called wild trout in SA stillwaters and had red letter days, I have fished the same stillwaters and experienced the scenario you described, I have gone stocky bashing and bashed the living sh!t out of them and I have gone stocking bashing and got bashed badly myself.

You are so right with " fish are fish(wild or otherwise) and if you think you are superior to instinct and mother nature , you've fooled yourself not the fish" bit there
    one of my many tales of fishing woes .
    (I'm bluelining an area close to where you once took 20 yelloows on dry without moving your feet - or so the legend goes)

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    My superiorness says ... in a situation like that ... dynamite ... kaboom !

EDIT : You can even present it on the end of your 7X with the 3WT if it makes you feel puristisititical
    Or you can try a blob....

Picture - courtesy flyfishingpoint.net
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by flybum View Post
    so if its not easier , it has to be discrimmination(not very PC towards trout of naturally deprived upbringing) or worse stockie phobia( bad experience at the trout farm as a youngster? - don't worry we understand)
    Neither i actually am more of a Wild Trout Elitist Snob
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

they are much prettier when they are wild.

plus the experience outside the fishing is always better when the quarry is wild, as wild trout never live in the ugly neighborhood.

Anymore, its not about catching fish most times, its just about getting onto a stunning piece of water and hanging out for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by FishZ View Post
    they are much prettier when they are wild.

plus the experience outside the fishing is always better when the quarry is wild, as wild trout never live in the ugly neighborhood.

Anymore, its not about catching fish most times, its just about getting onto a stunning piece of water and hanging out for a day.
    Methinks it's time you came up here and spent a day on the water with OMR and I.

Like yuor way of thinking.

Ask Andre, he has actually done one trip with us.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Hey guys fished Bo-Vlakte this past weekend, and I'am happy to report that fishing was excellent! Day 1 we were blessed with perfect weather, and between the three of us managed to catch and release 50+ Trout. Late afternoons seemed to put the bass into feeding mode and had some fun with them to, we must have caught 30+ on our trip, none were released back into the dam. The browns or (steelheads) proved to be very aggressive and feisty little buggers! And made up the bulk of our catches each day. Most of the rainbows were monsters, biggest fish for weekend weighing in at just over 3kg. Day 2 and Day 3 weather turned for the worst bringing in a huge coldfront with strong winds and rains, even covering mountains around us with snow. Between the two last days we probably managed 3hrs of fishing max, and even with all the elements against us caught some beautiful trout. All in all it was a great weekend spent on some good fish and good company!

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast