Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 144

Thread: It is official

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    3,574
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default It is official

    Well...it is official....my trip to Bassas Da India is booked and leave secured for next year May....

    I am excited, yet at the same time, I am bloody nervous...this is hardcore.

    MC has been really fantastic in giving me show stopping tips and hints...but, if anyone wants to give me more info, tips, tricks etc on techniques, flies, etc etc...please guys, I would apprecitate it.

    I got my 12wt kit this week, lekker outfit, now I have to practise casting a 12wt with 450grain depthfinder line, no simple feat.

    So yes, what tips and tricks can you guys share...I am going to need it...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,399
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Awesome stuff man! Should should have one hell of a time!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    3,574
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Awesome stuff man! Should should have one hell of a time!
    Geepers, I hope so....trying to get my head around the sailing part the trip...I keep getting flash backs of "Deadliest Catch" running through my head...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,399
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I've done a few trip sailing around Mad. you'll have a great time. Sailing is easy and safe, you'll be pretty much drinking and eating behind the vice for the days sail over there (saying that, take some sea sickness tabs just in case).

    Staying on the live-aboard can also be tight, so pack clothing light and tackle heavy!

    Take good wading boots and gravel guards too! Man, I'm envious, would love to make a trip out there one day.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    3,574
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    I've done a few trip sailing around Mad. you'll have a great time. Sailing is easy and safe, you'll be pretty much drinking and eating behind the vice for the days sail over there (saying that, take some sea sickness tabs just in case).

    Staying on the live-aboard can also be tight, so pack clothing light and tackle heavy!

    Take good wading boots and gravel guards too! Man, I'm envious, would love to make a trip out there one day.
    OOOhh...you see...I did think about good strong wading boots...my vaal specials wont last...

    I will definatley take sea sick tablets...for sure!

    So far, with my 12wt kit, I have a spare spool and an extra line. So, I have one depth finder on the reel, and intermediate line on the spare spool and then an extra depth finder, which as MC said, use to target the blue water species...

    I need to tackle up for the flats still...gulp!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

  6. #6

    Talking

    We went last year October and again this year in May. What a blast!!!
    A trip you will not forget!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    gauteng
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    man o man!!! that is going to be a trip of a lifetime!!! i hope you have some spare lines and backing going with you...the coral can kill your line and some monsters can take it all...

    looking forward to following this thread! will be interesting!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    3,574
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpeet View Post
    We went last year October and again this year in May. What a blast!!!
    A trip you will not forget!!!!!
    I f I can get one GT like that on fly or freaking conventional...I will be elated...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    3,574
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gazzarowan View Post
    man o man!!! that is going to be a trip of a lifetime!!! i hope you have some spare lines and backing going with you...the coral can kill your line and some monsters can take it all...

    looking forward to following this thread! will be interesting!
    I am...to be frank..k@k bang!

    This is going to be epic...I have 10 months or so to plan....
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

  10. #10

    Default

    Oh and sharks on the fly!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pieter

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •