Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: It is official

Default It is official

Well...it is official....my trip to Bassas Da India is booked and leave secured for next year May....

I am excited, yet at the same time, I am bloody nervous...this is hardcore.

MC has been really fantastic in giving me show stopping tips and hints...but, if anyone wants to give me more info, tips, tricks etc on techniques, flies, etc etc...please guys, I would apprecitate it.

I got my 12wt kit this week, lekker outfit, now I have to practise casting a 12wt with 450grain depthfinder line, no simple feat.

So yes, what tips and tricks can you guys share...I am going to need it...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Awesome stuff man! Should should have one hell of a time!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Awesome stuff man! Should should have one hell of a time!
    Geepers, I hope so....trying to get my head around the sailing part the trip...I keep getting flash backs of "Deadliest Catch" running through my head...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

I've done a few trip sailing around Mad. you'll have a great time. Sailing is easy and safe, you'll be pretty much drinking and eating behind the vice for the days sail over there (saying that, take some sea sickness tabs just in case).

Staying on the live-aboard can also be tight, so pack clothing light and tackle heavy!

Take good wading boots and gravel guards too! Man, I'm envious, would love to make a trip out there one day.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    I've done a few trip sailing around Mad. you'll have a great time. Sailing is easy and safe, you'll be pretty much drinking and eating behind the vice for the days sail over there (saying that, take some sea sickness tabs just in case).

Staying on the live-aboard can also be tight, so pack clothing light and tackle heavy!

Take good wading boots and gravel guards too! Man, I'm envious, would love to make a trip out there one day.
    OOOhh...you see...I did think about good strong wading boots...my vaal specials wont last...

I will definatley take sea sick tablets...for sure!

So far, with my 12wt kit, I have a spare spool and an extra line. So, I have one depth finder on the reel, and intermediate line on the spare spool and then an extra depth finder, which as MC said, use to target the blue water species...

I need to tackle up for the flats still...gulp!

Talking

We went last year October and again this year in May. What a blast!!!
    A trip you will not forget!!!!!

man o man!!! that is going to be a trip of a lifetime!!! i hope you have some spare lines and backing going with you...the coral can kill your line and some monsters can take it all...

looking forward to following this thread! will be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpeet View Post
    We went last year October and again this year in May. What a blast!!!
    A trip you will not forget!!!!!
    I f I can get one GT like that on fly or freaking conventional...I will be elated...

Quote Originally Posted by gazzarowan View Post
    man o man!!! that is going to be a trip of a lifetime!!! i hope you have some spare lines and backing going with you...the coral can kill your line and some monsters can take it all...

looking forward to following this thread! will be interesting!
    I am...to be frank..k@k bang!

This is going to be epic...I have 10 months or so to plan....

Oh and sharks on the fly!!
    Pieter

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast