Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite species on fly.....

Default Your favorite species on fly.....

Good day all.

I trust that all of you are having a good friday. As i sit at my desk trying to look busy busy actually thinking about FF i came to realize that will chase anything that eats a fly but i really do love catching yellows i must say they are by far my favorite species to target on fly? i wanted to find out am I the only one that loves catching one specific species and secondly Whats your favorite?

yellows first and then bass! then anything that will eat a fly....
    Gert Ferreira

"There is certainly something in fishing that tends to produce a gentleness of spirit, a pure serenity of mind."

~by Washington Irving~

For me it is Cape stream wild Rainbows. Second is definitely smallstream small clanwlliam yellows. Love anything that is wild from a clear stream.
    An honest fisherman is a pretty uninteresting person.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and not only is he hungry but broke for the rest of his life as well.

Quote Originally Posted by river_runs_through_it View Post
    Good day all.

I trust that all of you are having a good friday. As i sit at my desk trying to look busy busy actually thinking about FF i came to realize that will chase anything that eats a fly but i really do love catching yellows i must say they are by far my favorite species to target on fly? i wanted to find out am I the only one that loves catching one specific species and secondly Whats your favorite?
    Yes you love catching them because they are on your doorstep.!!!
    How boring!!!!

Try other specie, be it fresh or salt. Fresh anyways go further than the good old ''yellow'', boring to me anyways. I love ff prefrably unpolluted waters for fish that accommadate these waters.

dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Bass...large and small mouth...they put up a wicked fight....

Carp...not as easy to catch on fly....but surface fishing for them can deliver some heart stopping moments....a 6 kilo carp can give you a real run around and have you on your backing in seconds......
    if i could eat, sleep and breathe fishing.....i would...

Freshwater:
    Yellowfish, carp, kurper, barbel, bass and anything else that would take my offering...
    The best fight, gram for gram being smallmouth yellows.
    Vote largies, carp and barbel for brute force, bass for the initial take and some good topwater action.
    Those flimsy little moffies they call trootfish can pack up and go back to the countries where they belong!
    Save our Yellows!

It must be barbel for me.Love my sight fishing for yellows too,then river trout.

Quote Originally Posted by NCBass View Post
    Those flimsy little moffies they call trootfish can pack up and go back to the countries where they belong!
    It's all in the hooking of one, not the fight they put up

Btw, should the Bass also pack and join the trout
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Next to Tigers I would have to say that one of the strongest fish on fly has to be Large Scale Yellows. That is if you compare fish pound for pound.

Guess I am becoming soft, cause Brown Trout gets my vote.
    These fish are as unpredictable as Julius Malema. But getting one to take the fly, well that is all I need to get the blood pumping.

Lost my apetite for fishing polluted water. Just doesn't do it for me anymore.
    Got a wide selection of rods, but I now have more rods and reels for Smallstream fishing than any other. Wasn't planned it just happened.

I am considering a build on a 1wt Fibreglass, can't make my mind up between a Scott and a Lamiglas. Time will tell.

When a queenfish launches itself out of the water, and knowing that you fly is in its mouth.... Gotta be my favorite
    Also, river trout on dries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast