Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kloppenheim... hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Agree...trout just doesn't seem to feature on restaurant menues as it did in past years. perhaps it just isn't as popular. It would be interesting to hear from someone who better understands the industry, but I believe that after a certain size, hatchery trout become financially unviable, and have to be killed if they are not sold. This is to save food and labour costs. Large trout don't sell. The restaurants prefer a particular size, and once the trout get bigger than the preferred size, they become a liability.
    Trout proe in anyway k@k so no loss there...

Largies, nicely filleted with a bit of wasabi is much better.
    The white meat of the LM with the green wasabi, creates a beautiful picture
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Ja ek ken dit goed great for banting!

You have obviously never eaten a Cape Stream trout, with lemon and pepper, alongside the river where you caught it.... delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Tamer View Post
    Trout proe in anyway k@k so no loss there...
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

No desire of mine to eat Cape Stream Trout or any other Trout now talking about a 20lb LM yummy kerrie vis is koning!

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Tamer View Post
    No desire of mine to eat Cape Stream Trout or any other Trout now talking about a 20lb LM yummy kerrie vis is koning!
    1 van jou vis hou jou dae lank, hier by ons moet jy baie vang vir een ete
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Hehe too true!

ALWAYS pop in at the Village angler and have a chat with uncle John. What a gentleman and always puts us on fish. When you do have a good day on Loch Logan at troutbeck I highly doubt any still water in South Africa can rival it....when that wind start pumping towards the reeds and you are into fish between 2.4kg-5kg on every cast till your textured line starts taking lumps of skin off your wet hands then you will know what I am talking about....I am still a big virgin in the trout and fly world but know it will take a lifetime for me to ever experience something like that ever again...Bird of prey trophy dam is also a blast if you dont mind the watergrass and getting smashed up every once in a while. Joining a syndicate makes a massive difference. Some serious private waters. But with that said been to a few other places and I also notice the lack of stocking together with my beginner level of presentation and yet I always find myself returning to Troutbeck...
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

John hasn't been involved at little troutbeck for over a year. Had a long chat with him in December.

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    John hasn't been involved at little troutbeck for over a year. Had a long chat with him in December.
    Him and his wife moved into town after the previous owners of Troutbeck sold...he is still in charge of the stocking and fish management on Trout Beck and a lot of the dams in the area...he is a machine that old ballie...
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast