Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Monster bait - A look into my Largie boxes.

Arrow Monster bait - A look into my Largemouth Yellow fish fly boxes.

Natural Box

(Articulated CDC Buggers & Articulated Double Bunny's)

Synthetics Box

(Articulated "Fin" Minnows & Crabs) No Crabs just yet but half of the empty side will consist of Crab patterns and the other half space to put used flies.

Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 08-08-11 at 10:35 AM.

G looks awesome as usual. Well done. Have you had success with any of these patterns yet? And maybe this is a silly question but how do these articulated flies cast in the wind opposed to a solid less bulkier fly, like a Go-To.

Hi Andre,

I haven't seen gold/olive since March. Apart from pool action I can't comment about castability yet. These flies are big yes but I can't foresee too many issues with wind and so on. I have plan b's and c's should I struggle with wind. Will comment once they saw real water ok.

Hi Gerrit.

Your fly boxes looks as neat as ever!

Where did you buy those boxes? They look like they can hold quite a lot of bulky
    flies... (Perfect for my saltwater collection)

Q

Hi Quintin,

Thanks man, the box is called The Justin case.I bought mine at Frontiers in JHB.I haven't seen or used anything better. I also use the Bugger Beast Jnr.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 08-08-11 at 11:53 AM.

G, your box is looking good, flies are a little untidy, but OK'ish...

Nice work... you can bring that box into the shop for us to have a little squiz... we wont steel any...

Quintin, that's a Justin Case...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Fly Fishing View Post
    you can bring that box into the shop for us to have a little squiz... we wont steel any...
    Thou shalt not touch.....

Quote Originally Posted by Andre s View Post
    G looks awesome as usual. Well done. Have you had success with any of these patterns yet? And maybe this is a silly question but how do these articulated flies cast in the wind opposed to a solid less bulkier fly, like a Go-To.
    I tied some of those articulated flies up and fished them on the Zambezi last week. They were fine to cast but i was using an 8wt and the flies were 4/0 front hook, 2/0 back hook) so with the smaller sizes that Gerrit has tied they shouldn't be uncastable at all.

The wind did come up at one stage, and i did hear the fly flick past my ear at one stage, but i put that down to caster ability rather than the flies. I didn't actually hit myself with them, which is more than i can say for my tungsten dumbelled clousers which left me bruised all over!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

G...where is my invite ti bamba Largies...there is clearly enough flies for a stint
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Great flies as always Gogga, but when are you going to put some of the 144 Largie, and 144 Control flies into fish holding water

Or are you tying commercial in your "plenty of " spare time
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast