Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Trophy fish fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Ja I like the multiple hook idea Ollie, will put my thinking cap on..
    Cool Gerrit, can't wait to see what you come up with

I'm thinking palmered zonker using 3-4 hooks ending with a huge split thread bunny head? How long must it be?
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 18-08-11 at 03:27 PM.

Sounds good but don't you think palmered zonker on 3-4 hooks might be a bit too bulky? But try it, I'd love to see what the result is.

expensive, but palmered mink maybe - shorter fibres...

could be interesting

Just remember that most snakes swim the same way they move on land i.e. an S. You'd want a floating head and a semi-submerged body with a heavier paddle type tale to give it the S movement.

Something like an inverted popping head with a lip glued in place and a long piece of zonker with a knot in the end of it could work.
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Just remember that most snakes swim the same way they move on land i.e. an S. You'd want a floating head and a semi-submerged body with a heavier paddle type tale to give it the S movement.

Something like an inverted popping head with a lip glued in place and a long piece of zonker with a knot in the end of it could work.

yes great suggestion, that's why I was thinking of a balsa head, and what about glueing a plastic "small lip" flat against the zonker tail? that should provide a sort of paddle tail right? will definitely give it a try...and the white under body of the zonker strip also imitates most snakes you'll get next to water, brown water snake,red lip herald,brown house etc...all white -pale yellow bellies although I can't imagine colour would make any real differance if you get the correct proportions and movement.

What about a Crease head of foam? It will solve the buoyancy issue without having to incorporate Balsa or Deer Hair. I have the small cutter but I think it's too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    What about a Crease head of foam? It will solve the buoyancy issue without having to incorporate Balsa or Deer Hair. I have the small cutter but I think it's too small.
    Yes that can definitely work, I tried a piece of carpet"rubber/foam" not sure exactly what material it is, that I use for simple square head poppers , but to try and shape it was just impossible. Did you order the cutter Gerrit or are they available locally?

Ja Ollie by direk by Kathi gekoop.

Wie is Kathi?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast