Thread: Accra Ghana

Default Accra Ghana

Howdy folks

Has anyone fished up in west africa? I need to go up for business in the next few weeks and will be staying in Accra.

I thought if there is even the slightest chance to fish it may be worthwhile taking up a rod and reel.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

PS Any intel on Tanzania would be helpful too. Need to go to Dar es Salaam soon for work too.

Thumbs down

Hi Mike
    All you will be catching in ghana from the surf side is plastick bags/bottels and condoms, standing in the water it wraps around your legs and stuff, the rivers, well dodge the poo and all that comes with it.
    Last edited by nico; 22-08-11 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    Hi Mike
    All you will be catching in ghana from the surf side is plastick bags/bottels and condoms, standing in the water it wraps around your legs and stuff, the rivers, well dodge the poo and all that comes with it.
    dang what a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    Hi Mike
    ***ra ghana?
    Vlad the impaler (of fish)

I still had these pics I received from a colleague who went spearfishing in Ghana - it was a while ago though, 2006.
    Last edited by will101; 24-08-11 at 09:54 AM.

I emailed a friend, who stayed there for about 4 years.
    When he replies, I will let you know.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by will101 View Post
    I still had these pics I received from a colleague who went spearfishing in Ghana - it was a while ago though, 2006.
    Holy hell that's a HUGE dorado!!!!!

Thanks Korrie!

Mike, I saw a fishing show where they went up past senegal (was with that robson green bloke), they caught the biggest leervis I have ever seen. There were just monster fish all around this wreck. If you had to cast a fly you'd have to be using 12wt+ just to restrain them.

Looked like an epic fly venue. they used plugs, so you can imagine what a well placed fly would do

Quote Originally Posted by fly_mike View Post
    Mike, I saw a fishing show where they went up past senegal (was with that robson green bloke), they caught the biggest leervis I have ever seen. There were just monster fish all around this wreck. If you had to cast a fly you'd have to be using 12wt+ just to restrain them.

Looked like an epic fly venue. they used plugs, so you can imagine what a well placed fly would do
    DANG! Then you may have great fun in Ghana!