Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Bass flies

Default Bass flies

I decided to tie some bass flies this week as I'm itching to get some good bassfishing in this summer, tested them this morning at Rust de Winter for a couple of hour, got one each on the skitter and baby muddy, the fly with the cone bead does not swim well though, the others with dumbell eyes with 3D stick on's swims perfectly.

Please excuse the poor photography

Very, very nice. Love them all.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

lovely flies meneer...

Thanks guys,

I want to join the bassing.co.za forum to ask the guys if they'd be willing to have a little get together at say Rust de winter/Bronkies/Witbank to pair a flyfisher with them on a boat, to get some decent bass fishing done, and I think it would be interesting to see how we fare against them. Would anyone in the Gauteng area be interested in this? Please let me know as I don't want to ask them and then I'm the only one that wants to do it.

Cheers
    Ollie

I would gladly give it a go...hope those Bassers will remember to wear their PPE...my back cast is leathal...lol
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

haha yeah that might put a damper on things

Awesome flies bud, I love tying bass flies...Ima big sucker for big funky deer hair poppers and divers

I am a member of bassing.co.za and went on several trips with some blokes to roodekoppies amongst other dams. Lotsa bass, brilliant fishing.. but a real challenge against those guys...lotsa fun though

Cheers

G
    ..there we were..5 against 100.. ..Man did we F@k those 5 up..!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Awesome flies bud, I love tying bass flies...Ima big sucker for big funky deer hair poppers and divers

I am a member of bassing.co.za and went on several trips with some blokes to roodekoppies amongst other dams. Lotsa bass, brilliant fishing.. but a real challenge against those guys...lotsa fun though

Cheers

G
    Thanks Gwydion,

Ok so you've already got the contacts...when are you organising a little get together for us?

HaHa..darnet I fell for that one didn't I... Ok ill get in contact with the guys and find out whats cooking

For reference, bassing.co.za hosts a lot of tubing events and "social" tubing day and night fishing trips, may not be a bad idea for a few of the avid bassing ff on the forum to join in and show em how its done

G
    Last edited by Gwydion; 23-08-11 at 09:28 AM. Reason: More Info
    ..there we were..5 against 100.. ..Man did we F@k those 5 up..!

Quote Originally Posted by OllieOwen View Post
    I decided to tie some bass flies this week as I'm itching to get some good bassfishing in this summer, tested them this morning at Rust de Winter for a couple of hour, got one each on the skitter and baby muddy, the fly with the cone bead does not swim well though, the others with dumbell eyes with 3D stick on's swims perfectly.

Please excuse the poor photography
    Hi Ollie,

Pragtige vliege daar mater! Jy moet daai goed vir die kalwerkope kom gooi,jy sal amok maak.

Ps.Hoe werk daai weedguard vir jou?
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 23-08-11 at 10:27 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast