Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fish Kill below Vaal Dam wall

HI guys, this is so dis-heartening to see.Maybe a video should have been taken and sent to our news rooms and newspapers, even better still, send it to a M.P. apposed to the GOV./ANC. Maybe someone will ''stir'' this problem.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments and concerns> I have been so busy, just havent had the time to reply.

Byron, please can you send me your deatails or anyone who would like to contibute useful information, towards exposing these issues?
    bstonefield@barloworld-equipment.com

Regards,

Brandon

Has there been any news on this incident? I.e. any reports back on possible causes?

Thanks
    Jacques

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

Quote Originally Posted by kreef View Post
    Has there been any news on this incident? I.e. any reports back on possible causes?

Thanks
    Hey Kreef,

Nothing yet but will as soon as I hear anything. Tests are being done!

SO what do you think the effects of the fish kill will be on the up coming season? Its really so sad

Quote Originally Posted by river_runs_through_it View Post
    SO what do you think the effects of the fish kill will be on the up coming season? Its really so sad
    Well, there are some fish still left but a whole heritage of breeding stock have died and it will take years before it recovers. This is why we have to do something now! Or, whether you want to hear it or not, there will be nothing left.

Just an update....

We are making headway and this is a report showing that issues have been addresed in Parliament.

Will keep you updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    Just an update....

We are making headway and this is a report showing that issues have been addresed in Parliament.

Will keep you updated.
    Unfortunately parliament is unindated with Malema problems, so this report should I think be put on hold for who knows how long, taking African time to the limit.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

They are going to get plenty more!!!.......I can assure you.

Keep eye's peeled guys!

Just to give you an indication of the seriousness of the problem, quote:

This tsunami of the pollution caused by agriculture fertilizer run-off, mines, non-functioning urban sewerage works, poorly monitored industrial effluent, and aggravated by serious soil erosion, is out of control in most SA rivers, which is a national disaster ignored by the inept SA & Provincial Governments – lots of good sounding words & promises but no deliverance !!

Looks like the long-term plan is for the Tugela to attempt to rescue the dire Vaal situation, robbing KZN of it’s precious water resource which is much needed this side of the Berg !!

In the interim the best we can hope for is good heavy summer rains to help scour out the system.

Off a report:

It was confirmed that by 2014 there will not be enough water to dilute the high sulphate loads in the Vaal River System and the Lesotho Highlands Phase 2 will be implemented in 2019. The water will be already oversubscribed and the Tugela Water Scheme will have to expedited. It should not be passed over in the above scenario the AMD has already been taken into account as a water resource and not as a polluted source. The costs of the high salinity will be carried by the domestic and agricultural sectors, and not by the industry, as would be expected. The costs include health costs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast