View Poll Results: Which lines do you think suite South African conditions?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • TEXTURED NYMPH/INDICATOR - Extra Powerful Turnover

10 28.57%
  • TEXTURED GPX - Half-Size Heavy for Fast Action Rods

17 48.57%
  • TEXTURED TROUT STALKER - Dry Fly Line

18 51.43%
  • TEXTURED COASTAL EXPRESS - Low Memory Surf Casting Line

8 22.86%
  • TEXTURED SALTWATER - Textured in Shore Saltwater Line

5 14.29%
  • TEXTURED SALTWATER CLEAR TIP - Premium Invisible Sinking Tip

6 17.14%
  • TEXTURED MAGNUM - Designed for Big Flies

7 20.00%
  • TEXTURED TITAN TAPER - Loads Quickly and Delivers the Biggest Flies

8 22.86%
  • TEXTURED TARPON - Premium Intermediate Sinking Line

3 8.57%
  • TEXTURED STREAMER EXPRESS - Premium Casting and Sinking Fly Line

10 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sci Anglers Textured Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Fly Fishing View Post
    Sorry Nicholas, we haven't updated the system as those lines have not yet been shipped from the States.

It will be update our system once we have them in the shop.

This poll is to try and find out what lines people believe are correct for South African conditions and what lines we should order.

Regards
    I think here I can speak for all, we are just looking for lines that have no memory and stay tuned for what they where invented for, perfect delivery and application, including distance.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Does Sci Anglers not make an inter in either the Textured or Sharskin lines?
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    I think here I can speak for all, we are just looking for lines that have no memory and stay tuned for what they where invented for, perfect delivery and application, including distance.

DAVE
    Hi Dave

Your prayers have been answered.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Does Sci Anglers not make an inter in either the Textured or Sharskin lines?
    Hi

The very nature of a Sharkskin or a Textured line make the line float, its all about surface tension and the surface area of the line, how high the line rides in the meniscus, etc. Lines floating is not all about the specific gravity of a fly line. Thus making an intermediate in these lines is more difficult.

But, the Tarpon and the Clear Tip Saltwater are considered intermediate lines.

Regards

Wrt to Sharkskin technology, I just read an interesting piece in the latest Reader's Digest about the use of "sharkskin" technology on boat hulls to decrease "fouling". Apparently "fouling" has decreased by 80% since ... so, seems Sci-Anglers have done goooood once again!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Wrt to Sharkskin technology, I just read an interesting piece in the latest Reader's Digest about the use of "sharkskin" technology on boat hulls to decrease "fouling". Apparently "fouling" has decreased by 80% since ... so, seems Sci-Anglers have done goooood once again!!
    Pit it makes one moer of a noise when retrieving.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Fly Fishing View Post
    Hi

The very nature of a Sharkskin or a Textured line make the line float, its all about surface tension and the surface area of the line, how high the line rides in the meniscus, etc. Lines floating is not all about the specific gravity of a fly line. Thus making an intermediate in these lines is more difficult.

But, the Tarpon and the Clear Tip Saltwater are considered intermediate lines.

Regards
    Thanks for that, I did see that there is a fast sinking and inter salwater line so just thought there might be one specifically for Stillwaters?
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Pit it makes one moer of a noise when retrieving.
    Fish shorter, ride the line in
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

how do these textured lines handle on FAST saltwater retrieves? i hate when my line slips from my fingers..

Hi Ko7Ad

The textured lines definitely offer more purchase when you are trying to grip them.

Regards

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast