Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Xplorer T50 Rods

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    My BVK has recoil guides on it
    I think it was changed very recently. While I was still deciding on a rod, the BVKs I've seen on the shelves had the recoil guides. Then when I actually went out and bought mine, the latest shipment didn't have them anymore. I have never broken a guide on a rod before, so I'm not too fussed about it. And with the TFO backup is as good as everyone says, it shouldn't be a problem if one does actually break. Glad to hear most BVK owners are happy with their choice...

Morne

That is a pity. I really like the recoil guides and am considering getting another BVK in a different weight.

I have a #7 that I am using for LM and have never cast a line as far as what I do with this rod and I find it incredibly accurate even at long distances.

Admittedly, the action did initially take a little getting used to but that was purely down to bad technique on my part. Chatted to Mike at Frontier and he took me out on the lawn in front of the shop and in 10 mins had sorted that out.

After that I used the rod on our LM trip to Chris' place and it was a pleasure. It is a very very light rod (42% lighter than the Axiom) so casting all day is not a problem and by second day I was able to land a bulky batifish pattern within 20cm of where I wanted it to land consistently.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3