Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tim Rolston's Essential Fly Tying Techniques eBook

Default Tim Rolston's Essential Fly Tying Techniques eBook

Tim came into the shop a while back with a copy of his about to be launched Essential Fly Tying Techniques eBook. He asked me to review it and if I believe it is a good product to mention it on Fly Talk. This immediately made me think of some travel/fishing magazines that receives free accommodation at a venue and almost feel obliged to write a favourable review, I don’t believe in this type of approach, since the end user might be the one who suffers.

I have met Tim 13 years back and worked with him in the industry. He is one of the best fly tyers and all-round fly fishers we have in this country, not only is his casting something to admire but also the thought and detail he puts into his neatly tied flies.

My immediate thoughts when I “opened” the book were that it must have taken thousands of hours to complete this work, Tim mentioned it in fact took this amount of time. Not only is it well written, but all flies and techniques are supported by video, you can read and play/pause the video as you go along, for me this is a first in fly tying books.

Tim’s book is really a must have for every fly fisher, not only beginners or immediate tyers but there is also loads of information and refreshing tips for more advanced tiers.

The first three Fly Talkers who answers the following question in there reply below will receive a free copy of Tim’s eBook valued at R 199.00 (postage not included)

What is the title of Tim Rolston’s eBook?

Below is more information:

To give you an idea what get covered in the book.

Tim explains the tools

Tim explains how to use the tools and also various techniques. This is all supported by video clips. The video screen can be moved, expanded, paused etc.

Not only is it fly tying but also understanding entomology

Tim explains the attributes of a well proportioned fly

Tim ties thirteen flies, all supported by graphics and video clips.

Essential Fly Tying Techniques?

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Tim Rolston's Essential Fly Tying Techniques eBook

Tim Rolston's Essential Fly Tying Techniques eBook

Genade Bettie,

But you guys are quick! Congatulations to Redhumpy, Stanton and Michael. Please pm me your postal address.

Having seen many many fly tying videos and read through many of the books, I can easily say that this is the best.
    It is perfect for the first time or novice fly tyer, but as an experienced tyer I also learnt a few things.
    There simply isnt a fly tying book/video in this brilliant format, ANYWHERE.
    Well worth the money.

Disclaimer - I regard Tim as friend, but will never promote anything on the basis of friendship, this is really good. I also have a vested interest in that I sell these items.
    Regards
    Craig

Seeing as I was late on this give away I will do it the old fashion way and buy it with hard earned cash. Would one be able to purchase it over the internet and where?

Congrats guys, you were quicker on the draw then Doc Holliday.

Brian
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Genade Bettie,

But you guys are quick! Congatulations to Redhumpy, Stanton and Michael. Please pm me your postal address.
    Hehehe. I think you posted during lunch time and just happened to check whats happening on Flytalk, just luck i suppose

Hi Brian,

You can order from me, I will throw in some 3.5" surgical quality microtip arrow scissors valued at R 200+ at no charge. Also receiving lots of SF and other synthetics tomorrow.

PM me.

Cheers,

Philip

Hi Guys,

Anyone ordering Tim's eBook through Fly Talk will receive a 3.5" Micro Tip surgical quality scissor valued at over R 200.00 for free. See below:

• Surgical Quality Stainless Steel scissors.
    • Fine points for delicate work.
    • Serrated, long lasting blades.
    • Notch at base for cutting tough materials, like wire.
    • Oversized gold loops for comfort.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast