Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dealer Service

Default Dealer Service

Hi guys

About 4 months ago I managed to step on my Twin's tip while fishing Balloch, and *shock, horror* snapped it! Duelly sent it to The FlyShop, from where they sent it to Sage USA.

Since then, the blank tip section has been "detained" at customs in SA, apparently because someone at The FlyShop was rude to the customs people, about the fact that the people at customs could not understand that there is no duty on the shipment.

I personally spoke to Maria Flesher, Customer Service Representative from Sage, and she said that the specific shipment to The FlyShop arrived in SA 2.5 months ago!!!

After my 4th call to The FlyShop in 2 months, they just told me that they would set a reminder in their cellphones to try and sort it out! TERRIBLE!!!

So, now I am sitting without my Twin, and all that because of terrible service from the local Sage dealers.

This is exactly the reason I prefer to buy online!!

Your thoughts.
    Last edited by smallstreams.co.za; 08-10-06 at 10:50 AM.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

That is shocking service! Well, it wont be falling on deaf ears on here, that's for sure. Perhaps you should send the flyshop this thread as a friendly warning, if they intend staying in business and continue to enjoy our support that is.

Yeah, I should do that, but I am hoping for some more replies to strengthen the "threat" level a bit more!
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

BTW, what else can I do but phone every day and irritate the crap out of them?

Maybe I should contact Sage directly again, relaying the terrible service.
    Mario Geldenhuys

You could ask me to make turn... which I will do... Tuesday if thats good...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Ideally they will sort it out immediately so that you can post a happy reply, and before this thread gets out of control and everyone is pissed off that is.
    As much as they need us, we need them too, so, although the alarm bells are sounding, lets try to do this the nice way first.

my 2c worth

Chris, ironically I don't actually think we need them as badly as they need us. The service in this country is so poor as a result of us treating the people in service delivery as if they are doing us a favour! Without us, there is no them!

The lady is so unproffesional, that the keeps calling me the "guy from flyguys or something" - and yes, that is a quote! For varksteaks, at least get my name right. I mean, I even sent a letter on one of my fancy letterheads. FlyGUIDE, not flyguys - GEEEZZZ!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    You could ask me to make turn... which I will do... Tuesday if thats good...
    Max, many thanks for the offer, but what would that help - the stuff is still stuck in customs, and it seems that it is not such a priority for them to get it out! I mean, surely it cannot only be my tip in there. Many other customers are probably waiting for their stuff!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    ...so that you can post a happy reply, and before this thread gets out of control ...
    Chris

It's been 4 months, and I must say, if they did actually respond to my calls, then the post would have been happy. I have no problem with the fact that there is a problem with customs. What bothers me is the totally "no-care" attitude they have with the fact that people are waiting for their stuff, and THEY are the only people that can do anything about it.

What I wanna hear is "We'll sort this out straight away", NOT "I'll set a reminder on my phone and see what I can do next week". Once again, the 2nd is a quote from our very professional assistant from The FlyShop.
    Mario Geldenhuys

I guess you are right Mario. It is very easy for us to pass comment and give advice in defense of or against, but we are not the ones experiencing the pain you are experiencing. I can understand your level of frustration. If it were me, I'd be going ape!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast