Thread: Leader website?????

Default Leader website?????

Anyone know of a website that shows a braod spectrum of leader setups,especially nymphing leaders,droppers and knots.Feel for trying something new.

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Anyone know of a website that shows a braod spectrum of leader setups,especially nymphing leaders,droppers and knots.Feel for trying something new.
    Here one: http://www.flyfishusa.com/tackle-tip...t-leaders.html

And I remember downloading a pdf with TENS of formulas. will have to go have a look for you at home though...

Try this one.

At the Bells festival in october i tried this leader.I made 2 droppers on the main leader but left a small 4cm tip at the end.I made a knot at the tip of this and added splitshot as conditions dictated.It does not hinge your line,the flies cant break off because the splitshot damaged the leader.I did not get to fish it the whole time as water levels were lower than usual so very heavy weighs were not needed.I think oversees this is known as a slinky.There they even use lead wire at the end insted of splitshot.They actually have many forms of the slinky,but i found this one works easiest.

very interesting idea bud...i like it, especially when messing around on the vaal (anywhere really) and you dont have heavy enough flies to get down.
    your other flies would also "free" drift which sould be good.

thank you. will remember this
    Last edited by gazzarowan; 24-11-11 at 03:15 PM.

You should give the UV Fly Paint indicators a try John as discussed in Christiana. They work great!
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

i have started using them now as well. it forces you to have better contact with your flies so i think my catch rate has increased as well...

love them
    bushveld scalies - worth the blood, sweat and tears

Here are some set-ups for our rivers

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    You should give the UV Fly Paint indicators a try John as discussed in Christiana. They work great!
    Gonna see if i get chance to try them this weekend.1 full day however is a bit short for me to experimentBut i will have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by gazzarowan View Post
    very interesting idea bud...i like it, especially when messing around on the vaal (anywhere really) and you dont have heavy enough flies to get down.
    your other flies would also "free" drift which sould be good.

thank you. will remember this
    Thanks.I think this system will kill on the orange with its fast deep flows.