Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Shilton Sale Mias Woodmead

Default Shilton Sale Mias Woodmead

Hi Gents

Mias is selling off all their Shilton Spools I got two CR3 spools for R1150 each.

They had left
    SL 6
    SL 7
    SL 8

CL 2&3 all in both Ti and black finish

Now all I need is a CR3 reel

arrrgh, i am abroad
    as a matter of interest, do you have any idea what an sl7 reel and spare spool cost?

i found an old receipt from a shopping spree there in 2007 and of course the line that has the shilton price line item on is indistinct.

Rock Spider

They just had spools left apparently they had a tiff with the Shilton distributors and told him to take a hike. So they are trying to get rid of the sock that is left.

I think it was R1500 for a spool, but don't quote me on this.

Can anyone give a reason as to why the Dist' has such a k@k attitude? I have heard this from more than one person as well as more than one supplier.

You would think that their customers are important to them...after all these reels are terrific.

Interesting...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

It was said to me that he requires that the reels are sold at or above certain prices, and can't be included in sales and promotions in which they are discounted.

You can imagine that going down very well with Mias.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    Rock Spider

They just had spools left apparently they had a tiff with the Shilton distributors and told him to take a hike. So they are trying to get rid of the sock that is left.

I think it was R1500 for a spool, but don't quote me on this.
    More and more shops are having 'tiffs' with the Shilton distributer (Bluewater flies) as Chad is the one with the attitude.

One other fly in the ointment is the doubt that the reels are actually manufactured in SA.
    Regards
    Craig

How else would it then be SABS approved?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    HUH?
    SABS approved products does not have to be locally manufactured, not so?

Uh, not sure and hence my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    You can get something made in China, SABS approved. SABS is only a stamp that says it's Approved for S.A. conditions and regulations. Why do I say that? Cause a client of mine brought in Fong Kong Quad Bikes and yes they were SABS approved, believe it or not.

Don't mistake SABS with The Proudly Made in S.A. label.

I saw something the other day in a Mag and it got me thinking. They say that Jandi is a local manufacturer and importer of Premium Fishing Tackle. Interesting how you can play around with words these days.

I would put my neck on a chopping block and go as far as saying that Shilton are designed here, but manufactured in the East and I am not talking about Boksburg. Our labor is too expensive in S.A. so to me it makes sense having them machined in a country where people work for a place to sleep and a bowl of rice a day.

I would also estimate that if Shiltons where really made here the cost would actually be double of what they are selling for on the shelves now.

Another thing with business these days is that people give you good service cause they want the business and a few months or so down the line things change....Attitude, pricing, delivery, quality, etc.

But what do I know, I can't even comb my own hair

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast