Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellowfish - Proudly South African

Default Christmas Yellows

Went to a Venue just before Christmas for half an afternoon, flows were low and luckily before rain kicked in.

It was one of the nicest sight fishing trips I have been on for a long time, weather was purfect, just after a small shower and overcast.
    Fished slow bouldery runs, where fish were rising in front, behind and on the side of the rocks with typical waving yellow fin movements.

I was using #16 black nymph as a dropper, under a foam beetle for sight presentation and less rock hookup.

The rapids also produced some fish as the sun popped its head out and tandem #14olive caddis larvae did the trick there.

Went swimming on a few occasions, due to the rocks being extremely slippery , also spooking many fish I was stalking......was good fun trying the stealth approach though.

Some good fish caught, around 5 and many lost. between 2 - 4 kilo and in fair condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    Went to a Venue just before Christmas for half an afternoon, flows were low and luckily before rain kicked in.

It was one of the nicest sight fishing trips I have been on for a long time, weather was purfect, just after a small shower and overcast.
    Fished slow bouldery runs, where fish were rising in front, behind and on the side of the rocks with typical waving yellow fin movements.

I was using #16 black nymph as a dropper, under a foam beetle for sight presentation and less rock hookup.

The rapids also produced some fish as the sun popped its head out and tandem #14olive caddis larvae did the trick there.

Went swimming on a few occasions, due to the rocks being extremely slippery , also spooking many fish I was stalking......was good fun trying the stealth approach though.

Some good fish caught, around 5 and many lost. between 2 - 4 kilo and in fair condition.
    Looks like an awesome glide that...very fishy. Must have been brilliant fishing, nicely done.

Went to a Venue
    Me and Redhumpy is besig om are te bars.

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Me and Redhumpy is besig om are te bars.
    lol....I have some standards and feel that people need to do some physical research on finding fishy waters themselves and not via word of mouth and internet. This is what I have done over the years.... Nothing is for free!
    Last edited by Stones; 04-01-12 at 01:57 PM.

lol....I have some standards and feel that people need to do some physical research on finding fishy waters themselves and not via word of mouth and internet. This is what I have done over the years.... Nothing is for free!
    Give that man a Bells!

Nothing is for free!
    But yet you post a pic of the water? I'm not about to get involved in a tiff with you, you can post what you like it's just some of us have actually done the hard yards too and to see one of the top SM waters (which only a few know of) displayed on public forum is a bit of an eary sight.Remind me not to take you Largie hunting.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 04-01-12 at 02:18 PM.

But yet you post a pic of the water? I'm not about to get involved in a tiff with you, you can post what you like it's just some of us have actually done the hard yards too and to see one of the top SM waters (which only a few know of) displayed on public forum is a bit of an eary sight.
    Not really Gerrit...if you've been there, you know where it is already. If you have not been there, you will never know how to get there. So what's the problem with posting the pics of the place?
    With no name mentioned, no-one will know where it is anyway (except if you have been there before and know the place well already....in which case, so what?)

But yet you post a pic of the water?
    Yes, I show the water. If people have fished there, they will know where it is and I will not advertise and name my spots. I have no problem showing the background but I am also very careful with it. I want people to see the conditions and fish holding areas along the river to become better yellowfisherman but like I say, nothing is for free and if they want to locate my position they must do their physical homework.

R50 for the person who can name that spot.......but PM me or you wont get it!

The competition is on.....

I've never been there but from the pic I can see exactly where it is. I recognise one of the trees on the berg in the background. You are busted
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

No sorry I can't agree with that Mike. You only need a few fools to drift past and recognize the spot only because they saw a pic on a forum and wham venue stuffed. Anyway, I'm keeping my waters private!
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 04-01-12 at 02:30 PM.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast