Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellowfish - Proudly South African

FYI
    I got this message from Leon Barkhuizen from the Freestate Nature: 31/10/2011

Dear all

The Free State Nature Conservation Ordinance prohibits the disturbance of spawning fish. The Ordinance also only allows for the catch of fish with hook and line and all other methods are deemed unlawful.

The Free State Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs have two law enforcement officials operating in the northern parts of the Free State. These illegal fishing activities can be reported to them and I will have a meeting with their supervisor here in Bloemfontein tomorrow to see what we can do and how to get the two officials involved in addressing this. There is also a very active Honorary Nature Conservator that stays in the area that is doing great work in terms of law enforcement in both the Free State and North West and we can possibly also ask him for assistance.

One of the aims, as I understand it, of OVRYCMA, is to get especially land owners and lodge owners involved in the conservation and protection of yellowfish and during future meetings, workshops and possible awareness sessions, the matters raised in the letter from Herman Loubser, can be addressed.

As soon as I have met the manager of Law Enforcement and have more information, I will get back to you.

Regards,

Leon

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Do you get different Clanwilliam yellowfish? Like a Largemouth Clanwilliam and a Smallmouth Clanwilliam?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    Yes Mario,

You get Clanwilliam small and large mouth, same as you get Vaal/Orange small and largemouth species.
    Yes, the Clanwilliam yellowfish (Labeobarbus capensis) is clasified as a largemouth. And there is smallmouth yellows in Clanwilliam, it has been reported. This is what I meant.
    You better never go to court Stones
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Sorry your honour - what I meant to say is that the Clanwilliam Yellowfish is classified as a Large mouth...

Ahh yes, practising Law was never my fettish!! But with all you Analysts I might have a difficult time on my hands

Ahh yes, practising Law was never my fettish!! But with all you Analysts I might have a difficult time on my hands
    You might want to read the Bovlakte Steelhead thread as well then

If you think we are being a little anal then you are right. Nothing like half-truths and incorrect facts and posts to get the people who read and not question posts on forums misinformed. Even if the posts are not what you meant to say then it could be quite a bugger. My questions were to get the facts straight. For myself, and many others.
    Last edited by smallstreams.co.za; 01-11-11 at 02:09 PM.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Drum Roll.............

This months Winner of the Fur on the Dash and the complimentary Spinner Wheel Caps goes to............

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    You might want to read the Bovlakte Steelhead thread as well then

If you think we are being a little anal then you are right. Nothing like half-truths and incorrect facts and posts to get the people who read and not question posts on forums misinformed. Even if the posts are not what you meant to say then it could be quite a bugger. My questions were to get the facts straight. For myself, and many others.
    Nothing wrong with that Mario, I support all CONSTRUCTIVE critisizm! Even if I step out of line but it needs to make sense from whoever is making it.

All good

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Drum Roll.............

This months Winner of the Fur on the Dash and the complimentary Spinner Wheel Caps goes to............
    Lol.....I wonder

Lol.....I wonder
    Stadig Klippies, jy loop sover los hande voor

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Drum Roll.............

The guy with a flyrod the same color as a zef renault?
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast