Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Yellowfish - Proudly South African

Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    A few pics of the Master.....Mark Yelland and a sizer largie, early last week
    Awsome fish, I am sure Mark was a fish in his previous life. His knowledge wrt to fly fishing in general and all species is unreal.

Hi All

I am tendering a project in qwa qwa and want to accomadate some of my staff close by. I see sterkfontein dam is pretty close, is there anywhere somebody could reccomend, self catering for around R500 per night. alternatively a B&B type of setup

Quote Originally Posted by Waynegayle View Post
    Hi All

I am tendering a project in qwa qwa and want to accomadate some of my staff close by. I see sterkfontein dam is pretty close, is there anywhere somebody could reccomend, self catering for around R500 per night. alternatively a B&B type of setup
    Hey Wayne,

There is Phudatdachaba (however you spell it) but eish!, dont know if I would stay there.

Closest would be Sterkies or Harrismith I would say.
    ".....angling is a sport that requires as much enthusiasm as poetry, as much patience as mathematics and as much caution as housbreaking". - James Rennie 1883

Hi All

Try Dave Weaver, B&B in Harrismith. Think it is called the Rose Garden. 0833034230

Quote Originally Posted by troutmaster View Post
    Try Dave Weaver, B&B in Harrismith. Think it is called the Rose Garden. 0833034230
    thanks very much

thanks very much
    Catfish & Caterpillar, at the top of Oliviershoek is also an option in that price range.

Latest on AMD>>>>
    ".....angling is a sport that requires as much enthusiasm as poetry, as much patience as mathematics and as much caution as housbreaking". - James Rennie 1883

Default Baetis photography

Just a few pretty pics to share that my brother-in-law took...

Default A little report back from the weekend 30th - 31st March

The cold front seemed to have a vast impact on the fishing this weekend, which made conditions tough but did manage some fish.

Steve, Matt, Mark and his two young boys and myself were the team for the weekend. Matt got a couple on hotspots the friday, before the rain kicked in. Myself and Steve arrived late, due to the accident in Sasolburg, where the R59 road was blocked off and sadly Zak van Niekerk an afrikaans singer was killed. Please drive safe on that road guys!!

Saturday morning was chilly and there was little movement on the water but managed we all managed a couple for the day, some big but mainly small. I was specifically tagretting largies on my tube and lost a sizer that got me off guard. Fly: 2/0 Black and Red Crystal Bugger. Unfortunately no big fish pics, as luck would have it.....they got away .

Marks boy Chris made our weekend as he landed his first ever fish on fly and a sizer to put a great big smile on his face...............this making the crappy weather all worth it. Flies: Hotspot nymphs, Prince and GRHE

I was taken by something big on the tube above some white water under a tree and it pulled me down the rapids....only to lose the fish on a log and Steve having a good laugh at me coming down and seeing my @ss! hahaha

Enjoy....

Default Endangered Wildlife Trust - News letter

For anyone who's interested....

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast