Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellowfish - Proudly South African

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Is this fly available commercially?
    I doubt it. I've never seen one in a fly shop. Bit of an 'old school' fly.

Is this fly available commercially?
    Hey Gerrit,

Chad from Blue water flies makes them up. You can order.

To be honest I have not seen this fly in the shops for some time. Strange hey?

Thanks chaps just asking. Weird that the one of the first flies (apart from the Jersey Herd) to nail Yellows have been forgotten to a large extend. Me thinks it's time to resurrect it or at least a version of it.

Thanks chaps just asking. Weird that the one of the first flies (apart from the Jersey Herd) to nail Yellows have been forgotten to a large extend. Me thinks it's time to resurrect it or at least a version of it.
    Forgotten and or kept secret. I have been fishing the TVN for 15 Years .
    Good to share!! We need to all know what the best flies are that catch our very own indigenous fish. That way we can show our international friends what South African fish are made of and we too have our very own freshwater steelhead/bonefish....whatever!

I for one would like to keep that fish living and thriving in our waters as much as possible.

Here is a report I did recently, comparing the condition of the fish today and going back 6-10 years. This was done for my information bureau I have going, with Govt. officials, forums, people and media groups.

I will try share as much as I can going forward, regarding my drive in "Saving Our Indigenous Fish"

Will post now, need to downsize

Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    Here is a report I did recently, comparing the condition of the fish today and going back 6-10 years. This was done for my information bureau I have going, with Govt. officials, forums, people and media groups.

I will try share as much as I can going forward, regarding my drive in "Saving Our Indigenous Fish"
    Too much work to downsize......I will just put a few pics of Yellows caught at the exact time of year, venue and conditions, 6 - 10 years ago as the fish posted at the beginning of this thread for comparison.

Just want to post some articles, relating to issues we have raised with Parliament..........inturn this all affects us and the fish obviously.

There is good news that our voices are being heard by high level people and hopefully someday we can rest assure that we have saved as many Yellows as we possibly can.

This is why I need everyones eyes and ears out there.

Excuse the format I am posting this info, I unfortunately don"t have time to do a whole write up...

With the use of my contacts and Memebers of Parliament, I get written reply's regarding serious issues I find and report.

Below, an article I did, below the Vaal Dam wall (many have probably seen this before) and the reply I got back today from the Minister. I may not agree with some of it but at least I get the message out there and it seems like it does spark concern and slowly things are happening.

In hopes that the DWA will control and address issues when fish kills happen, by taking charge of flow rates and actioning pollution events and also take the nessecary steps in pinpointing the causes.

Two links on other work done, for those who are interested:

1. Olifants river catchment area - http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=9884
    2. Vredefort Dome Status - Feedback - http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=9828

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast