Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Barbel photo thread.

Quote Originally Posted by markdej View Post
    Koosie thats quite rich comming from a guy the size of that barbel

Gaz it was a lucky strike on both counts... Id literally just said to Andrew that it would be cool to get a new PB and a few casts later there we go.
    Listen Tieties, make no mistake, that is a bloody nice Barbel, but your aim is out.
    I used to be small a few years back, it's a different story now

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Listen Tieties, make no mistake, that is a bloody nice Barbel, but your aim is out.
    I used to be small a few years back, it's a different story now
    Laaitie just cause you have a big boeb, it doesnt make you a breker
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by markdej View Post
    Laaitie just cause you have a big boeb, it doesnt make you a breker
    I haven't got a boep, but I did add some weight. So I ain't as skinny as I used to be. A Breker? Ag nee wat.....I will just have my wife rub lipstick off on your collar the next time I see you, your girl will sort you out afterwards or I could set your hair on fire and watch how you beat yourself to death

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    A few more pics.The carp was picked up while smashing for cats.
    the last photo looks very much like one that was published in a certain fly fishing magazine about 6 months ago!
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by FCLoretz View Post
    the last photo looks very much like one that was published in a certain fly fishing magazine about 6 months ago!
    Could be,not sure.

Could be,not sure.
    you don't remember your own articles?
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by FCLoretz View Post
    you don't remember your own articles?
    The last one i did was Knellpoort,but i dont think i added that photo,had a look now.Getting old,memory not what it wasHopefully after this coming weekend i will have a new venue to tell you guys about,and if its gonna live up to expectation its gonna be awesome.Will post results on Monday.

The last one i did was Knellpoort,but i dont think i added that photo,had a look now.Getting old,memory not what it wasHopefully after this coming weekend i will have a new venue to tell you guys about,and if its gonna live up to expectation its gonna be awesome.Will post results on Monday.
    Old is a relative term!! Don't forget how to cast
    Frederick

First barbel..... only about 2.2kg but hey..... its a start. Caught on a olive and red, half-a-chicken. Nailed it as it hit the water.

The cats are finally active in our waters.yesterday was one of the best starts to a season i ever had.It started as usuall,10 very small cats,i mean 1-3kg type stuff.I then moved to a huge pan and noticed bigger fish cruising 30m from the edge.Then the s$#t hit the fan.8kg,12kg,10kg,11kg,8kg,12kg and then...........I hooked what i believe to be the biggest fish i have hooked on fly.After stripping me way,way into my backing and then counterwinding my reel and tangling my backing,me running chest deep after him.I finally turn him with my classic 2 9/10wt sounding like a creecking tree,one last burst and pop,there goes my classic2 butt section,and the fish.
    Heres a pic of the 12kg
    Last edited by core fly; 18-11-11 at 09:48 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast