Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stealth Wading boots

Jade I posted a long reply on your facebook question about the deluxes, but mine gave up yesterday. So Im in the market too for new affordable boots. I probably fish 60-80 days a year so I finish nearly any boot in a year. If somebody knows of a good quality affordable boot. Please let me know.
    Tiaan

Fly Fishing Addict

Quote Originally Posted by yella View Post
    Jade I posted a long reply on your facebook question about the deluxes, but mine gave up yesterday. So Im in the market too for new affordable boots. I probably fish 60-80 days a year so I finish nearly any boot in a year. If somebody knows of a good quality affordable boot. Please let me know.
    Thanks Tiaan, yes appreciate the reply very much. So, two things have happened, I am looking into bringing in the Redington boots, as well as looking at the new Deluxe boots which will land here next month. Daniel Factor tells me they are very good and have improved massively on the previous design. I will keep you guys in the loop! Thanks for the interest gents . . .
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Is Redington not available in SA? I could've sworn I saw it or read about them somewhere local...

Also not to forget the hike in and out of the cape rivers. Do EP 2,3 and4 more than a few times, and the boots take a hammering. Re the Simms guides, I have the slightly older nylon uppers. they might be the riversheads...cant remember, but they are very comfortable, and very light. as for their durability under local conditions, Im not really sure, but one thing I do know, is that boots don't last very long in this country.
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    True about the weight, I am only a measly 68kgs. So yeah, I wont have the same impact. I have a new pair of guides too but I just dont find them comfortable at all. I dread wearing them. . . .
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by yella View Post
    Wat van Snowbee? Een van my kliente van verlede week het 'n paar aangehad dink dis canvas en dan obviously felt R1000 by Mias of so iets.

I think the snowbees are generic Chinese rebranded boots, pretty much the same range as most other in house branded boots. The ones that I have seen, have way too much exposed stitching on the uppers, which will perish and split from scuffing. If you are going to do more bank or boat work, they should be fine, but a few days wading in the Vaal, Orange, or Cape rivers, they will split in no time. Canvas boots are a no no, unless they are so cheap that you can replace regularly without feeling the pinch, or you don't do much fishing.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2