Thread: Kimberley Yellows

Default Kimberley Yellows

Hi to everyone on the forum.
    I will be working in the Kimberley area from Thurday onwards and spending the weekend in the area.
    I am looking for some nice yelllowfish water for the coming weekend or someone who can advise of the areas to fish.

Thanks to everyone on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by IVO View Post
    I will be working in the Kimberley area from Thurday onwards and spending the weekend in the area.
    I am looking for some nice yelllowfish water for the coming weekend or someone who can advise of the areas to fish.

Thanks to everyone on the forum.
    Lillydale, Lillydale , Lillydale. .................... Oh ya did I memtion Lillydale?
    Then of course their is Christiana and Warrenton.

You are in the epicentre there, 200 k's whichever way puts you into great water.

P.M. Chrisvdp, Corefly, Klaas, Esteph. It's their bacyard.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Thank u very much.
    Much appreciated.

I would rather go warrenton at this stage.Lilydale is running very dirty and slightly high.I think you could still pick up fish,just not as it should be though.

Default Kimberley Yellows

Thanks for the reply is there a reserve or where do you go to fish Warrenton.

You have access to some pretty decent public water in the Warrenton area.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Default Saturday fishing @ Lilydale

Firstly i would like to thank the forum and its mebers for being helpful and pointing one in the right direction.

I took the advice and went to Lilydale for a spot of fishing and it was awesome caught 7 Yekllows in total i dont know how to post pics but will try and load.

Thank you for a awesome website and to those who are willing to let others get a shot at catching that is after all what fishing is about.

Firstly i would like to thank the forum and its mebers for being helpful and pointing one in the right direction.

I took the advice and went to Lilydale for a spot of fishing and it was awesome caught 7 Yekllows in total i dont know how to post pics but will try and load.

Thank you for a awesome website and to those who are willing to let others get a shot at catching that is after all what fishing is about.
    Well done on the fish !!!!!

Perhaps you could give us a more detailed report back on the yellows thread ?

As mr. Smith would say " It's great when a plan comes together "
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

The fishing at lilydale was mainly done in slow moving glides just below the riffles.

I fished a 3 fly rig on a 12ft leader usng a no 10 caddis pupa, a no 16 brassie tied in gold wire and a ptn nymph in black no 16.

All flies were tied on a orange tungsten bead.
    It was extremely hot and the lodge only has credit card facilities so if you need drinks etc make sure you take cash or credit card.

I only fished the morning as i did not take cash and only have a debit card wife cut mine up says i have to much tackle.

A beautiful peaceful place and lots of fish in skinny water posiibly spawning which i think is a bit late in the season but dont really know the area as to spawning times.

.... make sure you take cash or credit card..
    What else would you pay with? Cheque? Jokes...

Well done, nice fishing. That area has some excellent yellowfishing spots!