Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Breede River

Default Breede River

Hi Guys

I am going to join Phillip nxt weekend at the breede targeting the usual species. Was alarmed to hear of the amount of rain western cape had this passed wkend. Can anyone inform me of the breede conditions ?

It should be fine by next weekend.
    System should be back to normal after 2 weeks.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Thanks. I am so looking forward to this trip.

Raveck, the more fresh water you get at this time of year, the better. It might affect the Leeries a bit but the Cob and Grunter love it.

This time of year is great to fish the Breede. The grunter and kob will be on the bite, maybe work a bit harder for the Leeries.

Hi Reveck,

Looking forward to meet you guys.

Have seen some good catches coming out of the Breede in the last month or so, mainly kob and grunter with some Leeries thrown in the mix.

We will cover lots of water. November in general, is one of the best months fishing the salt in the Western Cape. We have had a very dry winter, the welcomed rain in the catchment can only be good to the Breede system.

Will be in touch soon, very excited!

My neighbors have just returned from Witsand with 2 X 5kg+ grunter today, my workers got the remains of 2 big filleted grunters yesterday to take home and I saw an old ballie gutting another big boy on Thursday in oyster beds! All this fishing going on while I was working! Hopefully some left for us for next weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the river will be busy - my group will also be there on the weekend, we booked out the entire SouthWinds lodge. Tight lines to everyone!

Reveck, was good to meet you - how was the weekend for you guys?

Hi Will

it was tough man. We only landed a few garrick and one tiny kob. i managed about 10 fish over the wkend. Phillip and nick had a few follows on the swimming prawns. i managed a garrick on the floating prawn. We were fishing grunter bay and i had the swimming prawn drifting against the bank. i finally spotted a pancake and i was quickly stripping to cast to the pancake a small garrick takes the prawn and i loose the oppurtunity (;0 at the grunter.

the weather wasnt the best according to the regulars and i felt there were way too many boats on the estuary over the wkend. it was a great experience and i will definately return again some day to target the grunts and the kob again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast