Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some Breede Leeries

As an aside, but on a similar topic. When we built Koeberg the construction workers found a complete woolly mammoth skeleton under the dunes adjacent to the beach.

Big creatures roamed our coastline in the past.

The largest sharktooth ever found was also picked up there. I had it on my desk and traced the outline before it was shipped off to New York museum. 14 cm long, 12 cm wide and 3cm thick. Big beastie (a Great White tooth is typically 5cm long).

Hijack off.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    As an aside, but on a similar topic. When we built Koeberg the construction workers found a complete woolly mammoth skeleton under the dunes adjacent to the beach.

Big creatures roamed our coastline in the past.

The largest sharktooth ever found was also picked up there. I had it on my desk and traced the outline before it was shipped off to New York museum. 14 cm long, 12 cm wide and 3cm thick. Big beastie (a Great White tooth is typically 5cm long).

Hijack off.
    Hi Jack. I wonder if Fario also came out of those dunes? He's something of a woolly mammoth from what I hear. Or was it actually something about a mammoth woolly? I forget

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    Hi Jack. I wonder if Fario also came out of those dunes? He's something of a woolly mammoth from what I hear. Or was it actually something about a mammoth woolly? I forget
    Sounds to me like this story started off with someone finding a wooly bugger in the dune. By the time his mates mates told the story it was a wooly mammoth.
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Here is a foto
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
    Here is a foto
    wow, I would show it to Graham Avery, he's the pro on these things.
    Regards
    Craig

Do you have contact details for Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
    Do you have contact details for Graham
    have PM'd you
    Regards
    Craig

Anyone have some recent feedback on the Breede? I am heading to the Witsand side this weekend and wondering if anyone has caught anything lately and what the conditions are like?
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Hi

Very slow this last weekend, no known leeries to bait or fly.
    Grunters not tailing, everything quiet.
    It should be a lot better this weekend as the water will clear, see pics on thread about grunter.
    Got a pig-nose and that was all.
    Regards
    Craig

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123