Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thought i new what i was doing till i found this forum

Thumbs up thought i new what i was doing till i found this forum

Hi guys this is a great forum, with all this info i am now overwhelmed and realised that I know less than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    Hi guys this is a great forum, with all this info i am now overwhelmed and realised that I know less than nothing.
    Welcome. Don't worry, the day you think you know too much is the day you stop learning.

One thing I've learnt from this forum, and fishing with the guys on it, is that you never know where good info will come from. I've learnt things from guys who have been fishing for less than a month, and I thought I was teaching them!
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

FlyFanatic Banned User

Hehe! Welcome Chaser!

Hope you enjoy the forum! Always remember that you never ever stop learning!

I am pretty sure we will learn a lot from you as well, so please dont hesitate to share what you know/ previous experiences with the other forum members, I promise you it is always welcomed!

One thing however, before you start a new discussion on a certain topic, please search for the topic first, chances are 80% that you will find a very comprehensive discussion on the topic already exists! This is to prevent duplicating the same discussions.

Enjoy!

FlyFanatic Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    Welcome. Don't worry, the day you think you know too much is the day you stop learning.

One thing I've learnt from this forum, and fishing with the guys on it, is that you never know where good info will come from. I've learnt things from guys who have been fishing for less than a month, and I thought I was teaching them!
    Agree 100%!

Blog Entries

I've stopped learning - just had to attend one class - but it was a special class - a Master Class!

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    I've stopped learning - just had to attend one class - but it was a special class - a Master Class!
    You are very sharp, very funny
    Hope to meet you on Saturday.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

You sir, win this Friday's chirp of the day

Welcome to the forum Chaser!
    Check your knots!

First thing you will learn is that a Dry fly, is actually a Tungsten Bomb that wasn't in the water yet

9. Default

I knew what I was doing, then I joined this forum

Jokes aside, welcome Chaser
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

thanks alot guys! i have a question, there are so many patterns and fly types out there, what i would like to know is how do I know what pattern or type for what fish and why?

why does some work better for certain fish and others dont?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast