Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sage ONE Versus...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    SO DO I!!

No wait, damn...no more rods. I need to sell some of mine!
    What would you like to sell?

QUOTING the shootout:

"Our first impression of the ONE rods were, “Wow, these are light in overall weight, and look how powerful they are!” This was all true but in general, we now feel that Sage may have gone a bit too far in trying to build a rod that is a real cannon, like their old XP, without giving more thought to improving on the older but extremely well rounded Z-Axis, that had wonderful feel and accuracy in close, as well as enough power to throw nymphs and streamers. One thing we all agreed on – if you were a fan of the XP, you are going to love the ONE! "

Hmm - now if ONLY I could get my hands on a 10ft 6wt Sage ONE & Hardy Zenith to compare the two!
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Had a chance to cast Mark Krige's Sage One 10' 5wt at Groenkloof. All I can say is "wow!" Accurate, easy casting and, of course, very light.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Had a chance to cast Mark Krige's Sage One 10' 5wt at Groenkloof. All I can say is "wow!" Accurate, easy casting and, of course, very light.
    That is GOOD to hear.. I've been contemplating building that exact rod for myself in the new year. Same wt and length. What was the action like for a 10ft?
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12