Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The yellows are on this year

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    I had an interesting conversation with some forum members on Saturday regarding the fishing so far this year. It seems that everyone (except Rory and Frederick) is catching bucket loads of fish this season.

The last two season the river was in flood and the fishing was poor to say the least. However, the two years before the floods the fishing also was not as good as this year.

Has the floods of the last two years been good for the Vaal river? Is it because there was less fishing pressure? Did the river get a good flush - and sommer killed all the sick and old fish.

Maybe what we need now are some more floods
    Done maybe start a list with who has skunked the most so far on the river

I would'nt quite say bucket loads of fish this season but it is definitely better than the last three/four season's, for me anyway.

It probably has more to do with the skill levels of the fishermen improving. I would imagine that most people fishing today are better than they were 3-4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    I agree....I was there for a few minutes on saturday...

Was great to meet ol' Mario here, Werner, good to see ET1, Andrew and an old hag by the name of Chris Williams..

Also....it was great to meet the Emperor of the Whatever Clan...Borrie Kroos...

Mario...I am still going to take you up on your offer to catch species Z at Location Y on day X...

I will phone you later in the week...
    Was nice to see the ones i know and meet all the new faces that have emerged in my untimely absence. Hoping that we will be seeing much of each other in the years to come. BTW we are planning an official flytalk trip for early 2012 so keep it in mind. One to the Vaal and one to trout valley. The more the better.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12