Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fly fishing Mauritius

Unfortunately up in Jhb but travel countrywide

Default Extreme Fly Fishing in Mauritius

Quote Originally Posted by wok View Post
    Hi guys

I will be going to Mauritius In April and was wondering if I should take my FF stuff with me.
    Hello Wok...

Here is some action from my outing with guide Dominique Thévenau from Fishing and Hunting Safaris in Mauritius. Hope this is some motivation to take your stuff along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XDt7...ature=youtu.be

The fish was pitch black when it hit the fly, but changed colour to the beautiful blue during the fight. Used a 12wt rod and a floating line.

Regards
    Sudesh
    Last edited by Sudesh Pursad; 14-12-11 at 06:12 PM.

Hi guys, April time also depends which side of the island you're fishing in terms of climate/currrents etc. and it's change of season. Also bear in mind many of the charter fishing boats kill and don't release their catch.

I usually go to my old French mates (Black River) down in the south if I want some gentle offshore catch-release - even they often ***** about release. Usually I simply hire a water taxi - even off Grande Baie - and equipped with a six-pack of Phoenix I head off just off the reefs and usually pick up a few dorado and small light game fish on a 9 weight. You need to do your homework first with a 'taxi-operator'. We often see the heavy-jewellered Russian oil-barons coming past us in their Malema boats with sweet FA - adds to the fun...
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12