Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Landlocked

[QUOTE=tomas;209772]
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Good luck...

Prepare adequetely:

Thanks for the tips, you will be happy to know they recently replaced all their corroded braai's! Nearly fell over when I saw that!

Last year same weekend we got smashed by a thunderstorm late at night, scary stuff!! the joys of camping.
    GREAT NEWS!!!!!

I've only been e-mailing and writing to the Department of Tourism in Natal (Harrismith) for the last 6 years about it! Finally paid off it seems, all the people complaining. I think it also helped that they (EVENTUALLY) fired their corrupt site manager...

Hopefully they sorted out the other problems too...even broken plumbing pipes outside the ablution blocks, etc. For a while they really allowed the place to go down the dumps. Two years back they told me they were going to close the place down for 6 months for extensive renovations (even the chalets, which need it too)...but it never happened, as far as I know. I usually now rather stay at Caterpillar Catfish these days.

Without hijacking the thread. Bass fisherman are bringing live bass and also relocating bass - watched a boat catch a few at Qwantani harbour and off they went....
    Carp has been in the dam for a long time and have had minimum impact because tehy cannot turn the place into the usual turbid mess - no carp at 80m ;-). Bass are present in all the bays and weedbeds were the fingerlings live, they're not a threat to the eggs. I kill them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfever View Post
    Without hijacking the thread. Bass fisherman are bringing live bass and also relocating bass - watched a boat catch a few at Qwantani harbour and off they went....
    Carp has been in the dam for a long time and have had minimum impact because tehy cannot turn the place into the usual turbid mess - no carp at 80m ;-). Bass are present in all the bays and weedbeds were the fingerlings live, they're not a threat to the eggs. I kill them all!
    Kwantani Bay and harbour should be Rotenoned.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234