Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stealth Infinity 3wt 10ft and 4wt 10ft for nymphing.

Default Stealth Infinity 3wt 10ft and 4wt 10ft for nymphing.

Hey guys,
    I have been thinking of purchasing the Stealth Infinity 10ft 3wt (or 4wt) for nymphing work. As i havnt got much knowledge on the rod and tackle needed nymphing itself i hope to be enlightened as to whether or not it would be a solid choice. The WP streams is where it will used most of the time, but hopefully it will be used in other waters.

My only concern with the stick is that it may be slightly too fast?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

Quote Originally Posted by fishlover1 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have been thinking of purchasing the Stealth Infinity 10ft 3wt (or 4wt) for nymphing work. As i havnt got much knowledge on the rod and tackle needed nymphing itself i hope to be enlightened as to whether or not it would be a solid choice. The WP streams is where it will used most of the time, but hopefully it will be used in other waters.

Thanks,
    Nick
    My thoughts too.

I just tried out my birthday present. A Echo Shadow 10 ft 3# and I am very impressed. The action is fast enough to cast in to the wind but soft enough to pretect a 7x tippet, and as an added bonus it is a very good casting rod making it easy to use for dry fly fishing too.

I just love the rod.

Regards
    Albé

Quote Originally Posted by fishlover1 View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks,
    Nick
    I fish a 10ft 3wt Infinity. Fished the prototype & got a production rod as soon as they were available.
    IMHO, this is a better rod than the 10ft 3wt Echo, 10ft 6in 3wt Echo, 10ft 3wt Streamflex (yes - i have fished all of them).
    The rod is definitely not too fast. The extra length slows it down a little.
    I use this for my czech nymph rod for both trout & smallstream smallmouth yellows.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

I have an Infinity #3 10".

A really lovely rod.
    To fish a long rod, you will have to adapt your casting and fishing style.

The extra benefits, and joy of water that you previously never fished, more than compensates for the extra bit of practice to get used to the longer rod.

I am also looking at getting/building one of the Sage ESN rods in the new year.

Once you are comfortable with the extra lenght and the added pleasures, you will not easily go back to short rods.

PS: an 8" rod is great for dry fly.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Thanks for the replies!
    I have a dry fly rod, but picked up the nymphing technique at junior nationals, and borrowed my friends 10ft rod for one of the sessions, and it sure was better than nymphing with a 9ft
    I know what my birthday present is now

many thanks,
    Nick
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

PS - Korrie, those Sage ESN rods look amazing, and I've read many positive reviews. Would be great to hear how it turns out, once you've built it.

I have tried the ESN rods in the parking lot at Upstream.

Felt very good.
    I think it will handle a dry fly very good, as well.

Before I cast my final verdict on the ESN, I want to spend a full day on the river with it.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

The ESN is a stunning rod. Have played around with it and it is amazing. The new Hardy Zenith 10' #3 is just as good. Messed around with it at the last trade show here. Responsive, light and well priced. Plus virtually indestructable. Going to give it a try early next year on the streams here for grayling.
    If you work with monkeys you'll definitely slip on a banana peel!
    The way to a fly fisherman's heart is AlWAYS through his fly!!

My only personal problem with the ESN is the price

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    I have tried the ESN rods in the parking lot at Upstream.

Felt very good.
    I think it will handle a dry fly very good, as well.

Before I cast my final verdict on the ESN, I want to spend a full day on the river with it.
    So how many Klip Babers did you hook while nymphing that parking lot?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast