Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Final 2011 Vaal Trip

Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Jaco took ur advise and joined the forum. Was good to meet you guys, even though I never fished and spent most of the day watching my son, Tristan try his luck to no avail the poor kid. But there was no way I was going to try get him across the river in that flow on his second trip flyfishing. But it was good getting to know you guys, hopefully we will spend some time fishing again in the future. Thanks to all of you was great to meet you. Mark

Welcome to the forum Mark, I'm sure we'll still see a lot of each other. Herman mentioned that Vaal fishing is always tough when the flow is going down. Do take Tristan through again when the flows aren't that high. Once he got into a few fish the bug won't let go.

Was nice to meet you guys as well.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Welcome to the Forums Mark.It was great meeting you and Tristan.

Just checked yesterday's flows, ( from the Barrage ) the highest was 106, lowest was 75 and average 86.

No wonder we k@kked off. That is the highest I've ever fished strome,
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Welcome to the Forums Mark.It was great meeting you and Tristan.

Just checked yesterday's flows, ( from the Barrage ) the highest was 106, lowest was 75 and average 86.

No wonder we k@kked off. That is the highest I've ever fished strome,
    Windhoek Draft ''Yuppie Juice'' time.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

FlyFanatic Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Here is Jaco landing/releasing his yellow. Sorry about the pic quality I only realized the cam was wet (from a previous swim) after the first snap and by then the fish was in the net already.

Attachment 12513 Attachment 12515
    LOL thanx Gerrit, my first yellow using actual czech/polish/spanish? technique! Works like a charm, no more foam indicators! Didnt realize you were taking picture, otherwise I would have posed for the shot!

P.S. You waded the sh@t out of me with your long legs, must say your one "stumble" was quite funny... hehe!
    Last edited by FlyFanatic; 31-12-11 at 06:51 PM.

FlyFanatic Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    Jaco took ur advise and joined the forum. Was good to meet you guys, even though I never fished and spent most of the day watching my son, Tristan try his luck to no avail the poor kid. But there was no way I was going to try get him across the river in that flow on his second trip flyfishing. But it was good getting to know you guys, hopefully we will spend some time fishing again in the future. Thanks to all of you was great to meet you. Mark
    Hey Mark! Well I am very glad I could convince you to join! Very much welcome!

I also hope that we could fish together a lot in the future! I am sure Herman will keep you updated on fishing trips!

If your son wants to learn any aspect of flyfishing, please feel free to ask any of the guys here on the forum, they are very much involved in promoting the sport to the youngsters, and im sure they would provide any help they can!

Was very nice to meet you Mark, enjoy the forum!

P.S. Just one word of advice, if you have a question, chances are somebody else had it as well and it has been answered thoroughly in the past, so first search the topic before starting a new thread, this is just to prevent discussing old topics again and again. If you cant find it, feel free to start a new thread!

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Uhm on the flipside.
    Yes they have credits on that forum.
    I was the lucky recipient of MINUS 50 credits when I commented on someone standing in the vaal with a bottle of beer.

All I said is that it was irresponsible to take glass onto the river. The forum click attacked me from all sides and I was rewarded with Minus 50 credits.
    Nice.
    En van waneer af worry jy oor Credits? Ek het daai thread gesien. En jy was nie verkeerd met jou stelling nie. Ek het ook nie jou credits gevat nie. As dit jou sal laat beter voel sal ek waneer ek verveeld is, Space Invaders met jou Credit Tab speel, dan sit ek jou so 2000 in die Positief. Iemand wat ek ken het ook Credits verloor omdat iemand in die foto wat hy geplaas het 'n spastiese vinger gehad het. LOL!!! Het dit hom verhinder om dieselfde stunts weer te pull??? Nope, party manne het nou maar net balle en klaar.
    Last edited by E.T.; 02-01-12 at 11:58 PM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213