Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: R800 5/6wt

After reading all this I still stick to what I said before.

1. Explorer
    2. Stealth

The guide II would be the preferred choice in that price range.

I've owned Stealths, Explorers, Elbe's and in that price range a general rod for both Vaal and distance casting the Explorer comes out on top my a mile.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Stealth Start was one of my first rods, Did not enjoy the action at all. Back then my Daiwa, which i bought in 1990, was a far nicer rod.

Shimano also has a flyrod that will not break the bank.

I have an Elbe... and a classic 2... so to be perfectly honest with you. Go with the Xplorer, I speak from experience when i say that it is a much better rod.
    Just my 2c

Nick
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

After I broke a rod today, I can also tell you that the Xplorer is a stronger rod. Used to fish one on the Vaal and it took a beating. Never broke. I did have a Stealth break once.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

FlyFanatic Banned User

Go with the Explorer Classic 2, very good rod for the price range and also the guarantee.

Werner yes explorer rods are quite tough, I am still fishing the vaal with my explorer pro-cast 5/6wt cheapie, landed plenty of good fish on it! Must admit it has broken twice while fishing the Vaal, but that was due to my own stupidity : "ruk en pluk" the rod when the flies are stuck instead of walking there and releasing the flies, fighting a 5kg+ barbel and trying to bully it closer..

I have 2 explorer classic 1 rods, 6/7wt and 9/10wt, and they both cast like a charm. Also I have a Stealth Travel 2/3wt rod, which casts the best of the lot..

So Explorer is good value for money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234