Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LM 2012 - Preparation starts

Default LM 2012 - Preparation starts

It is Laura's b-day tomorrow [my wife] and we are going river rafting in the Parys area tomorrow... BUT, as an engineer, FF, LM Hunter and scaly F&*%%, I have organized the trip such that we will be rafting 1 of 2 sections I have long been wanting to do after some Google Earth research...

So, tomorrow, I will be scouting some prime sections for possible 2012 LM trips

Have a Sterkies trip planned for end Jan; thereafter the tying for LM Season 2012 will start vigorously; not sure I will have enough time to fill the Justin Case I bought from G, it is HUGE.

NB: My vliegie was nog nooit in so groot DOO$

Barend you may only claim bragging rights as a scaly &*#@&! if you succeed in persuading swambo to fish that stretch while on said trip
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Barend you may only claim bragging rights as a scaly &*#@&! if you succeed in persuading swambo to fish that stretch while on said trip
    If I do that [sure I can manage] then out of the 6 people, 3 will fish as my buddies are also hard core anglers; and the 3 ladies will have to watch... It is only a half-day trip and we are covering a lot of water; PLUS - there are some SCARY rapids, don't want to loose the SAGE; so tomorrow the rods stay at home

PS: I see the flows are up to 55+ so tomorrow should be a good day out for rafting.

PS: By not fishing 2mrw we bag brownie points for winter 2012 pro-actively

Quote Originally Posted by troutmaster View Post
    If I do that [sure I can manage] then out of the 6 people, 3 will fish as my buddies are also hard core anglers; and the 3 ladies will have to watch... It is only a half-day trip and we are covering a lot of water; PLUS - there are some SCARY rapids, don't want to loose the SAGE; so tomorrow the rods stay at home

PS: I see the flows are up to 55+ so tomorrow should be a good day out for rafting.

PS: By not fishing 2mrw we bag brownie points for winter 2012 pro-actively
    Ahhh I see where this is going, a long term mind &^#*&

Scaly indeed, you are a patient master then young sir
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Flows are high I fished today, left the newbies close to the bank only ventured deeper on my own.

Enjoy tomorrow, make sure all the safety kit is worn correctly.
    Don't get confused with my personality and my
    attitude...my personality is who I am...my attitude
    depends on who you are.....

Quote Originally Posted by mikesch View Post
    Flows are high I fished today, left the newbies close to the bank only ventured deeper on my own.

Enjoy tomorrow, make sure all the safety kit is worn correctly.
    Yes, 55+ [DWAF shows 80+]. We are going with 1 of the best guys in the business; but more about that tomorrow night... Will post some info, pics and feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by troutmaster View Post
    Yes, 55+ [DWAF shows 80+]. We are going with 1 of the best guys in the business; but more about that tomorrow night... Will post some info, pics and feedback.
    Did a swift water self rescue course with Hugh was very interesting.
    Don't get confused with my personality and my
    attitude...my personality is who I am...my attitude
    depends on who you are.....

Quote Originally Posted by mikesch View Post
    Did a swift water self rescue course with Hugh was very interesting.
    Rule number one in a crisis situation on the river: Don't spill the booze, hold the glass high out the water

Yesterday we had a great rafting session with the RIVERMAN himself, Graeme Addison, of Otter's Haunt. I never realized Graeme pioneered rafting in SA and designed the 1st ark crocs...

Read more on their website, www.riverman.co.za or www.otters.co.za

Here is a link to a short video of yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=601Ek...&feature=share

Weather was perfect, raining softly, a great group and good flows [for rafting]; unfortunately not much prospecting for LM spots in 55-60 cumecs as most rocks and other structure is underwater; but I did see a few pools worth remembering.

I must complement Graeme and all staff of Riverman for a great, professional service - with a smile.

Highly recommended.

PS: There is also some other sections that they raft which I will be back for to prospect

Laura was very surprised when I pulled out a small cake [cup-cake], candle, lighter [all in mint condition] and the group sang for her; a nice out of sink group of 30+ rafters. The smokers would have been very proud of me...

Well done that man. It's those touches however subtle that allow you LM fishing time.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast